Everton Youth Teams Thread

Yes, I hope the intangibles were worthwhile but generally most seemed to be very lackadaisical, passing direct to opponents in dangerous areas and leaving wide open spaces on the counter. A bit like Simms, Ebere seems to have power and size (and more speed to be fair) but whether or not that will count once he hits more competitive ages?

Other than that we have our usual few feisty and skilful players who are currently too small/slight. (Dixon/Heath, for example.)

Apart from the last 10 minutes, I thought that was our best performance of the tournament. Have to say that it was a disappointing tour overall for us.

I enjoyed watching Ebere again but finishing doesn't seem to be his strong point. Metcalfe and Butterfield were both extremely poor for 2 of our supposedly promising players. The entire backline has a long way to go too.

On the upside, a lot of our better 18s didn't travel (ISS, Sherif, Patterson) so let's hope the coaches got something from seeing these fringe players play a bit.

Yes, I hope the intangibles were worthwhile but generally most seemed to be very lackadaisical, passing direct to opponents in dangerous areas and leaving wide open spaces on the counter. A bit like Simms, Ebere seems to have power and size (and more speed to be fair) but whether or not that will count once he hits more competitive ages?

Other than that we have our usual few feisty and skilful players who are currently too small/slight. (Dixon/Heath, for example.)
Sounds like they would fit straight into our first team this season.

Knocked out by an 89th minute pen
Shame that they got knocked out but I thought that was Ishe's best game of the tournament and probably the best game I've seen him play personally. Spot on for the whole game really. Couple of great cross field balls, fantastic clearance off the line in the first half and a great recovery run in the 92nd minute. A really complete performance.

Also not culpable for the pen. If anybody hasn't seen it, it was his CB partner with a really odd handball.

Shame that they got knocked out but I thought that was Ishe's best game of the tournament and probably the best game I've seen him play personally. Spot on for the whole game really. Couple of great cross field balls, fantastic clearance off the line in the first half and a great recovery run in the 92nd minute. A really complete performance.

Also not culpable for the pen. If anybody hasn't seen it, it was his CB partner with a really odd handball.
Missed the game unfortunately. How was England's performance overall? Deservedly beaten?