Everton Youth Teams Thread

Haven’t seen too much of the 23s this year but if this is the type of football they play then you’d have to be worried about the coaching and development going on. Spurs players all look pretty comfortable on the ball, we seem to struggle to do the basics.
This is the big problem throughout the club
It very worrying

I was wondering if he has got this far because he developed quicker than his age group and he got pushed further than his footballing ability really warranted.

I hope I am wrong but while I think you can teach some aspects of football in an academy, his positional sense seems a bit off for me and that’s a difficult one to coach. You end up with a Michael Keane mk2 who can defend in patches but is always prone to an error in judgement

He's still very young so would hope there's more to come.

I hope having no manager or director of football doesn't mean some of them won't go out on loan over the next week or so.
It would be the agents who sorts out the loan really. The club will send out circulars regarding availability etc and see what responses they get but the agent will be completely focussed on it if he knows the players available.

I expect Tyrer will definitely go out in the next week if they can find a club for him.

Patterson & Branthwaite off on the hour mark.

Positive runout for Patterson. Had to feel his way into it but once he did he was very good. Great cross for Dobbin.

Shame that we tied Simms down and not Dobbin. Simms will never make it, he moves as much and as quick as Rondon. Dobbin has got pace, sharpness ane a bit about him. Needs to work on knowkng when to release the ball as he likes to overrun it but he's got something.

Patterson head and shoulders above the rest.