Everton Youth Teams Thread

Yeah I agree. Said it at the time but his contract extension never did make sense to me. Where would John even end up on loan because I'm not sure he would even land at a L2 club given his defensive holes and general inexperience considering he's 21 next month. It's an example of how even with Brands the club had absolutely 0 long term vision or planning
Hmm, i think part of that is harsh, Brands planning got us to the point where over half the U23s starters are u18s , but sometimes the gaps are too big and you need older players to support them in some positions even if those players have no first team future with us, Ouzounidis last season, John and Anderson this season for example.
My worry is that we don’t kick on towards the end of the season when loans out have usually provided opportunities for more u18 players at U23s and more opportunities for schoolboys at u18 . It would be great vision/planning if the likes of Samuels-Smith, Lawrence, Sheriff play U23s as Schoolboys , we‘ve done it briefly with Astley, Metcalfe and Dixon who had less u18 exposure at the time. I think we recognise the deficiencies we have at U23s/ Academy I’m just hoping the current club turmoil doesn’t affect them too much.