Everton Youth Teams Thread

Gordon started for England u19s v Bosnia and Herzegovina,midday ko,and has played 1st 45mins so far
Astley starts for wales u19s,while Rhys Hughes is a sub v Kosovo is 1pm ko -game below
Tom Cannon is not involved in Ireland u19s game even as a sub-wonder is he injured

Anthony Gordon scores again for England u19s

----------------------
Cannon does start as sub for Ireland,was not on the team sheet at 1st * That game live here

His situation really confuses me; he’s only 19 and aside Simms is by far our best academy striker IMO. So strange how little minutes he’s got this year as from what he told me he was fit from the Summer.
Yeah been really unlucky with injuries , even missed later part of last season, a great comeback after being out for two years, scoring rate was great , but he was a year older than the others at u18/level . So not easy to judge him, I’d agree he has more promise than Mampala who has had game time .

he did indeed

Loader at Reading is very highly thought of by many that make the decisions on these young players. I understand he will leave for a development fee to a Premiership Club, as possibly as soon as January. Makes you wonder if that’ll improve his future prospects at such an important stage in his development. I really have no idea, but it’s so hard for these young Internationals to make a break through in the Premiership unless they truly are exceptional.

6th placed Everton u23s without a win in the league since mid sep [only 3 games] play home to 9th placed Spurs u23s tomorrow night at southport-Game is not on Live,while saturday Everton u18s play home to Norwich u18s with an 11am ko in the 3rd and final Group game of the u18s Premier League Cup,Everton are top by 2 points and just need to avoid defeat to go auto through to Q/F otherwise with defeat or draw Everton will be hoping they are one of the two best runners-up from the 6 Groups