Everton Youth Teams Thread

Are you sure Evans is one of those moving on?
Well I don’t make the decisions , so it’s obviously part opinion part fact - in my opinion Evans hasn’t kicked on enough to be a first team prospect and his contract is up at the end of the season . We should be helping him find another club, which is sad as as when he first burst on the scene as a 16 year old he looked a decent prospect.
I would say the same about the other players I mentioned, I don’t think they are good enough to be worth holding onto, Unsworth may disagree.

I seem to remember Denny being thought of as a prospect a few years back, but he must have been crowded out by competition/injuries?
Yep both of those, and you’re right he was a prospect who was playing for England u16/ 17 teams at one time. A few injuries but nothing severe like missing a whole season, then Denny never really kicked on and wasn’t capable of displacing Markelo/ Adeniran/ Beni in midfield. We’ve tried him as a CB and a right back but he’s not fast enough to be a right back and lacks the physicality for a CB.

Final Score
Everton u23s 1 Spurs u23s 3
Everton go down from 7th place to 8th,spurs jump to 7th from 9th place,Everton are as close to Relegation places as they are to 3rd place,4 points either way
Thats 4 League u23s games in a row that Everton have failed to win now [3 defeats in a row & 1 draw], the Next League u23s game is away to Leicester 9th December and that is LIVE on Leicesters Website, But before that Everton were due to play Swansea in the Premier League International Cup this Tuesday but that is now off due to Everton playing Fleetwood at Goodison Park this Tuesday 7.45pm ko instead in the Leasing .com Trophy [EFL], Swansea game is now End of Jan, And week Monday [2nd Dec] Everton are Home [At Southport] to Watford 7pm ko needing the win after a draw/lost in 2 games so far in the u23s premier League Cup

Everton u23s v Spurs u23s Goals/Highlights

------------
David Unsworth said he had “no complaints about the result” after Everton Under-23s were beaten 3-1 by Tottenham Hotspur in a Premier League 2 clash at Southport FC on Friday night.

Dennis Adeniran struck a late goal as the young Blues poured forward in a frentic finish to the game, but Spurs held out to secure maximum points.
The away side had established a two-goal lead by half-time, with Dilan Markanday and Armando Shashoua on the scoresheet.
Shashoua was on target again shortly after the break to extend Tottenham’s advantage.
Everton were much-improved in the final 25 minutes of the match, carving out several chances, but only had Adeniran’s 84th-minute strike to show for their efforts.

Manager Unsworth admitted his frustration his team could not produce such quality and intensity throughout the game.
“Tottenham were very good and deserved to win,” Unsworth said.
“Even though we got a goal back and we huffed and puffed for the final half an hour – I can’t have any complaints with the result.
“We only started playing when Antony Evans got clattered on the halfway line. All of a sudden, we got angry, we started to play on the front foot and started to play the way our teams play.
“Even at 3-1, we’ve created three or four chances. We felt we could get something out of the game because we kept going and going – and that’s credit to the lads.

But, overall, we underperformed and that’s a disappointment.
Everton started the game well and could have been in front on two minutes.
Sixteen-year-old midfielder Tyler Onyango rapped a pass into the feet of Harry Charsley, who beat his man before crossing for Ellis Simms.
The ball bounced kindly for the powerful striker near the penalty spot but he fired his effort over the bar.
Then, in the blink of an eye, the away side took the lead. Spurs winger Shilow Tracey made tracks down the left flank before lashing at goal. Harry Tyrer parried his shot, but Markanday was there to tuck in the rebound.

Athletic midfielder Adeniran came to the fore as Everton pressed for an equaliser. On 14 minutes, he offered a thrilling glimpse of his range of qualities, blazing clear down the wing – leaving two Tottenham defenders in his wake - before showing impressing composure to fizz in a teasing low delivery.
Unfortunately, his ball evaded the advancing Everton attackers, who would have been left with a tap-in.

Everton continued to press but the away team struck the next blow. Tasham Oakley-Boothe cutting the ball back for Shashoua, who found the bottom corner with a precise finish.
Tottenham extended their advantage when Shashoua slotted home from close range nine minutes after the break.
There was no question of Everton throwing in the towel, however, and after bursting clear down the right channel, Simms forced a splendid save from Spurs ‘keeper Josh Oluwayemi.

The Blues finally made the breakthrough when the impressive Adeniran drove forward and rifled a shot inside the near post.
The goal sparked a late flurry of Everton pressure and Oluwayemi made an acrobatic stop from Nathangelo Markelo’s powerful 20-yard effort.
The Tottenham keeper then made a point-blank save from Simms’ header as Spurs held on.
Everton boss Unsworth was without commanding defensive duo Morgan Feeney and Lewis Gibson, as well as combative midfielder Beni Baningime and electric forward Anthony Gordon for the game.

He conceded their absences were felt but is confident the young talents in his team will improve as the season progresses.
“We have a lot of new players coming into the group, who are learning as they play,” he said.
“It’s tough at the moment but the boys will learn, they will get better.”

-----------------------

Spurs Under-23s Coach Wayne Burnett said: "I thought that for maybe 65 or 70 minutes we were in complete control of the game. I was a little bit disappointed with the last 15 or 20 minutes when the momentum slightly swung for them but it's a very, very difficult place to come. We haven't won here for some time so I'm really pleased with the result, the performance collectively was good, we showed competitiveness throughout the team and it was a deserved victory."

Saturday Everton u18s play home to Norwich u18s with an 11am ko in the 3rd and final Group game of the u18s Premier League Cup,Everton are top by 2 points and just need to avoid defeat to go auto through to Q/F otherwise with defeat or draw Everton will be hoping they are one of the two best runners-up from the 6 Groups

EVERTON U18S TEAM
Barrett, Hosie, Dylan Thompson, Lowey, Hagan, McAllister, Hughes, Quirk, Higgins, Dobbin, Cannon
Subs McIntyre, Jonathan Anderson,Welch, Whitaker, Batterfeild