Everton Youth Teams Thread

man utd win has us through,west brom need to win no more than 2-0 if that actual score for us to go though on GD,any other 2 goal west brom win would put them through on GD [as they would have scored more]

Everton have 2 wins,1 defeat,scored 5,con 6 GD -1 points 6
West brom have 1 win,1 defeat, scored 2,con 5, GD -3, points 3
west brom lead on 4mins,Man utd keeper pulled off a wonder point blank save on 2mins
Man utd go right down other end and header hits post

West brom made 9 changes while man utd made 6 changes from weekends games

Now 2-0 west brom from a pen on 8mins

west brom lead on 4mins,Man utd keeper pulled off a wonder point blank save on 2mins
Man utd go right down other end and header hits post

West brom made 9 changes while man utd made 6 changes from weekends games

Now 2-0 west brom from a pen on 8mins
Man utd back in it from pen on 24mins,took man utd 15mins to get into this game but been better team since with west brom keeper making 2 excellent saves in his 1st game of the season

2-2 on 32mins another pen

Last edited:

Final score West brom 2 Man utd 3

Chelsea, Reading, Norwich,Man city,Newcastle,Brighton, got through as Group winners in the Premier League cup
While Everton and stoke go through as the 2 group best runners up from the 6 groups
Liverpool miss out as one of the 2 best runners up by 1 goal

Excellent! Now hopefully we beat bartons side tonight...

3rd Placed Everton u18s are in Action tomorrow away to 8th Placed Stoke u18s with a chance of going top with a win, though it may be for an hour only,Everton have found stoke a tough game over the last few years, While Everton u23s on a bad run are home to watford monday night 7pm, needing a win really in the premier league cup,otherwise they could be 5 points off 2nd after just 3 games,with 3 games left if other game has Fulham beating Plymouth which is 0-0 after 20mins
---------------
While this comming wednesday Everton u18s are away in the FA Youth Cup 3rd round away to Derby,7pm ko
with the winners home to Brighton u18s who are 3rd and unbeaten in last 17 games all comps with only 2 defeats since mid Jan-one of them been at Goodison [in below vid] or Leicester u18s who are 5th,both in the south u18s League

3rd Placed Everton u18s are in Action tomorrow away to 8th Placed Stoke u18s with a chance of going top with a win, though it may be for an hour only,Everton have found stoke a tough game over the last few years, While Everton u23s on a bad run are home to watford monday night 7pm, needing a win really in the premier league cup,otherwise they could be 5 points off 2nd after just 3 games,with 3 games left if other game has Fulham beating Plymouth which is 0-0 after 20mins
---------------
While this comming wednesday Everton u18s are away in the FA Youth Cup 3rd round away to Derby,7pm ko
with the winners home to Brighton u18s who are 3rd and unbeaten in last 17 games all comps with only 2 defeats since mid Jan-one of them been at Goodison [in below vid] or Leicester u18s who are 5th,both in the south u18s League

...it’s about time we had a good run in the FA Youth Cup, it’s a great indicator of a really good player or two.

Last edited:
Cheers for that. The u18 team sheet often gives me more interest than the 1st teams which just seems to make me sigh these days - ok I’ll accept that’s more a case of hope over reality :)
So today : Thompson/ Welch resuming their Centre back partnership, Tyler Onyango back in midfield and very encouraging to see Mackenzie Hunt back after injury for I think his first start this season. Hunt has been overshadowed a bit by Bobby Carroll so it’ll be interesting to see if he can kick on from where he was last season , if so he’s a decent prospect.
Oh, and of course I retain high hopes for today !

Cheers for that. The u18 team sheet often gives me more interest than the 1st teams which just seems to make me sigh these days - ok I’ll accept that’s more a case of hope over reality :)
So today : Thompson/ Welch resuming their Centre back partnership, Tyler Onyango back in midfield and very encouraging to see Mackenzie Hunt back after injury for I think his first start this season. Hunt has been overshadowed a bit by Bobby Carroll so it’ll be interesting to see if he can kick on from where he was last season , if so he’s a decent prospect.
Oh, and of course I retain high hopes for today !

...I like what I see of Dobbin and Onyango. As you say, interesting that Onyango is back in this age group after a string of games with U23s.

...I like what I see of Dobbin and Onyango. As you say, interesting that Onyango is back in this age group after a string of games with U23s.
It makes sense to play Onyango in relation to your Youth Cup post. I remember a few years ago we put Davies, Connolly, Dowell, Walsh back into the u18s for the Youth Cup and we .lost 1-0 at home, Aston Villa I think. Today’s side , plus Ryan Astley could well start Wednesday’s YouthCup tie , sometimes a settled side will do better than one which is disrupted by better players coming back.