Everton Youth Teams Thread

...it’s a good point, Stephen, I suppose lots will depend on the individual concerned. Some managers under pressure might think they have nothing to lose, gauging the fan base might also support the change. Other Managers might act as you suggest.

Ultimately, though, if a youngster is pulling up trees in training then he will force his way in. Training performance is key. Remember Rooney joining England for the first time and apparently scoring a goal that resulted in everybody applauding.

The other point with Gordon is where he plays. It’s unlikely he’d be a direct replacement as central striker.
I think that’s what will happen, once it stars to look like the writing is on the wall, he will probably change the formation and play a few kids

Be to late then though

The thing is can you see a manager who’s under pressure playing a few kids? I can’t

A lot seem to go the other way. You look at silva still playing Coleman, Schneiderlin, siggurdsson, bringing Walcott on every game. He even brought on tosun yesterday. Looks like he hoping the experienced players will get him out of this hole. I can’t see it working unfortunately.

It’s just too risky to chance things when under pressure unless it’s like a Rooney.

It was he played well,set up a few other chances as well

...cheers, particularly like the set-up and then finish for the 3rd goal.
....I think the set-up was from Lewis Dobbin, a ‘that’ll do me moment’.
Lovely third goal. Great corner for the first goal too, lovely raking flat cross. Our 4 and 8 are giant for their age too. Thought Utd's no.8 looked pretty handy too.

...thought the same myself, Phil, a lovely ‘driven’ corner for the first that deserved the excellent finish applied.
The link below,without needing to look though videos now,didnt know i could copy it lol

but as i said during the game,the 1st goal we tried spot on same move 2nd half with same 2 players but this time it was right at keeper, it seems to be a theme we are trying,maybe a touch lucky the foul was not give on our 2nd goal as well,but who cares,hopefully we keep our good start in the league up v Liverpool in 2 weeks

Unbeaten 2nd placed Everton u23s are in League action tonight home [southport] to 2nd bottom Man city u23s hoping for the win that would put them top till at least 2pm tomorrow, before playing Away to Burton in the Leasing.com Trophy [EFL] with 7.45PMko - WILL USE THE OTHER THREAD FOR THAT CUP=https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/evertons-under-21s-in-the-efl-trophy.107739/page-6
----------------------------------------
while saturday morning Everton u18s are in Premier League Cup action home v Sunderland who off course we just beat 10-0, 2 weeks ago

Unbeaten 2nd placed Everton u23s are in League action tonight home [southport] to 2nd bottom Man city u23s hoping for the win that would put them top till at least 2pm tomorrow, before playing Away to Burton in the Leasing.com Trophy [EFL] with 7.45PMko - WILL USE THE OTHER THREAD FOR THAT CUP=https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/evertons-under-21s-in-the-efl-trophy.107739/page-6
----------------------------------------
while saturday morning Everton u18s are in Premier League Cup action home v Sunderland who off course we just beat 10-0, 2 weeks ago

City showing this on their Facebook?

City showing this on their Facebook?
City have not showed any game on Facebook for over a year-They have a new TV channel but dont think that shows any Game Live,plus a little fee as well
Everton probably wont show it i dont think ,but upto this Minute,both teams dont even mention there is a a Game Tonight

Everton felt handing Harry Charsley a short-term contract was the 'right thing to do' following a serious back injury sustained by the 22-year-old last season.

Charsley, who has lifted titles with both the under-18 and under-23 set-up at Goodison Park, was initially set for release after more than a decade with his boyhood club.

The Republic of Ireland youth international had missed the majority of the campaign through injury but David Unsworth confirmed to the ECHO that Everton have now handed the Premier League 2 title-winner fresh terms until January.

"I've seen a bit of press about it recently," Unsworth explained.
"Harry's been with us since he was five or six. He got injured towards the end of the season and it was a real serious injury, a stress fracture of his back.

"What we didn't want to do and what we don't do at this club is chuck kids to the side and not look after them. He couldn't do anything for three or four months and we have an obligation to look after the player.

"We felt it was the right decision to give him a contract until January to get fit and stay fit. We're on smaller numbers than we have been over the last couple of years so there's an opportunity to increase his profile and get himself a club in January."

Charsley has now made five appearances this term and is likely to feature against Manchester City at Southport this evening.

After making his first-team debut against Apollon Limassol in 2017, Unsworth has challenged the youngster to put himself in the shop window ahead of the next transfer window.

The former caretaker boss added: "It's something I'm proud our club does. We don't just chuck young players we've invested a lot of time and coaching with by the wayside just because they're injured.

"That's a responsibility I will always take because it's the People's Club. This is what we do. We do it properly. Myself, Marcel and the club felt that was the right thing to do and Harry and his agent were absolutely delighted as you can imagine.

"He's a great lad as well. When you've had a lad who's done absolutely everything for your team and your club for more than ten years you've got to look after them and do what's right.

"You've got to do the right thing and we do the right thing by our young players and our young players never let us down."

Everton felt handing Harry Charsley a short-term contract was the 'right thing to do' following a serious back injury sustained by the 22-year-old last season.

Charsley, who has lifted titles with both the under-18 and under-23 set-up at Goodison Park, was initially set for release after more than a decade with his boyhood club.

The Republic of Ireland youth international had missed the majority of the campaign through injury but David Unsworth confirmed to the ECHO that Everton have now handed the Premier League 2 title-winner fresh terms until January.

"I've seen a bit of press about it recently," Unsworth explained.
"Harry's been with us since he was five or six. He got injured towards the end of the season and it was a real serious injury, a stress fracture of his back.

"What we didn't want to do and what we don't do at this club is chuck kids to the side and not look after them. He couldn't do anything for three or four months and we have an obligation to look after the player.

"We felt it was the right decision to give him a contract until January to get fit and stay fit. We're on smaller numbers than we have been over the last couple of years so there's an opportunity to increase his profile and get himself a club in January."

Charsley has now made five appearances this term and is likely to feature against Manchester City at Southport this evening.

After making his first-team debut against Apollon Limassol in 2017, Unsworth has challenged the youngster to put himself in the shop window ahead of the next transfer window.

The former caretaker boss added: "It's something I'm proud our club does. We don't just chuck young players we've invested a lot of time and coaching with by the wayside just because they're injured.

"That's a responsibility I will always take because it's the People's Club. This is what we do. We do it properly. Myself, Marcel and the club felt that was the right thing to do and Harry and his agent were absolutely delighted as you can imagine.

"He's a great lad as well. When you've had a lad who's done absolutely everything for your team and your club for more than ten years you've got to look after them and do what's right.

"You've got to do the right thing and we do the right thing by our young players and our young players never let us down."

Got no issues with that whatsoever and I hope he manages to get himself sorted in Jan