Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delph being amazing..
Iwobi and Kean, masterpiece
Rich giving his most
Siggy still not inform but good
AMAZING PERFORMANCE, LETS GO TOFFEES

The other changes made our play different Keen had a very good game, but in a very different system of play - DCL did well when coming on as did Bernard - today was a very good team effort without the slow plodding Snides Delph and Gomez did well - our defence particularly Deign looked a bit suspect at times - so just celebrate the win in a hard fought game ......take the 3 points, and move on - Keen showed promise worked hard never scored... but I will praise him not slate him like you do with others about DCL- he needs time Keen and in time will come good....
Agreed Joe !!

Just heading back to wolves now , great game for the neutral , and will take what ever gloating comments on the chin that come my way . Thought Everton played well offensively , but we didn’t help our selves gifting you the first goal which is unlike our captain coady . We played very open which is very uncharacteristic of us , but new from starting both vinagre and traore we would be suspect in defence . Congratulations on the win , and look forward to seeing you at the Molineux for a bit of revenge . ;)

Really enjoyed that game. I was more impressed with the way we dealt with conceding an equalizer at important times; minutes after taking the lead and then in the latter stages of the game. Other years we would of absolutely folded and possibly lost that game.

Both times today after conceding we went straight back at them and took back the lead within minutes. Mentally that will be massive moving forward and the confidence gained just from that alone will be vital.

Enjoyed that game today.

Delph, Richarlison and Sigurdsson stood out for me, for two goals and going close as well I've given it to Richarlison.

Our attack looked full of ideas and threat, with iwobi adding something and looking dangerous. Delph looks a steal for 8m, well done Brands.

A thoroughly deserved win even if we still have our problems defending set pieces, Wolves main weapon was just a long throw, at times it seemed that way anyway.

Wolves may enjoy the Europa but are welcome to the bottom half struggle that competition so often brings to qualifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.