Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another performance where we had to show some grit and strength, not folding when it got tough. Iwobi has great intelligence with the ball and Delph motm for me. Could (COULD) be an exciting season for us

MOTM Delph - 10 cotton wool bodysuits out of 10
Richarlison - 9 wish I'd not taken him out of my fantasy teams out of 10
Iwobi - 7.5 crying Gooners out of 10

No DCL and three goals, what a surprise.
The other changes made our play different Keen had a very good game, but in a very different system of play - DCL did well when coming on as did Bernard - today was a very good team effort without the slow plodding Snides Delph and Gomez did well - our defence particularly Deign looked a bit suspect at times - so just celebrate the win in a hard fought game ......take the 3 points, and move on - Keen showed promise worked hard never scored... but I will praise him not slate him like you do with others about DCL- he needs time Keen and in time will come good....

Good result, nice to win. At 2-1 we should have made it 3-1 a couple of times Kean was a handful, unlucky not to score on a few occasions and made a couple of poor decisions as well, but if he keeps playing like that he will get the goals. Gone for Richarlison as motm, worked so hard on the right hand side, scored 2 and created chances for others as well. Wolves looked a good side today so I'm pleased we beat them, think the team are going in the right direction

I think it proves that some players should be left to have a run in the team despite previous poor performances...........Siggy and Rico......you just cannot drop them. Sub them but not drop them. They seem to be getting up to speed and when they do Everton tick. Never drop them unless they go 5 or 6 games showing nothing.

Voted for Richarlison... 2 excellent goals with the winner being sublime movement, strength and technique... in the end he won us the game.

Really hope that 2nd half was the resurrection of Gomes cos he can be so influential

Status
Not open for further replies.