Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Avoid at all cost
0_GettyImages-1170771569.jpg

Welcome back.

A Sunday game against 1 of the teams expected to push us hard for our magical 7th place trophy this season.

A very good side with 1 of the best midfields in the league for me, it will be a tough game no doubt.

Marcos boys still havent hit their stride, but with the sirens pumping and the football blaring lets hope we can find our feet and put these dog like monsters to the sword.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Kegs - Luca
Delph - Gomes
Rico - Viking - Iwobi
Kean​

Welcome back.

A Sunday game against 1 of the teams expected to push us hard for our magical 7th place trophy this season.

A very good side with 1 of the best midfields in the league for me, it will be a tough game no doubt.

Marcos boys still havent hit their stride, but with the sirens pumping and the football blaring lets hope we can find our feet and put these dog like monsters to the sword.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Delph - Gomes
Rico - Viking - Iwobi
Kean​

My personal 11 would be

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Richarlison - Gomes - Delph - Bernard
Kean - DCL

Bench of
Lossl, Sidibe, Holgate, Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Walcott, Tosun
Go full on 4-4-2 I think. We always isolate the striker too much, to our overall detriment. Get two up there so they can support one another

As for the game itself, I think we have to be wary of the attacking threat Wolves possess, so our defending needs to be on point and we need to take our chances when they are given to us

Hoping for an edgy 1-0 or 2-1 win for the Toffeemen!!

Welcome back.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Delph - Gomes
Rico - Viking - Iwobi
Kean​

Good preview. None pretentious. To the point. 10/10. The last two were getting too try-hard. Back on track.

My personal 11 would be

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Richarlison - Gomes - Delph - Bernard
Kean - DCL

Bench of
Lossl, Sidibe, Holgate, Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Walcott, Tosun
Go full on 4-4-2 I think. We always isolate the striker too much, to our overall detriment. Get two up there so they can support one another

As for the game itself, I think we have to be wary of the attacking threat Wolves possess, so our defending needs to be on point and we need to take our chances when they are given to us

Hoping for an edgy 1-0 or 2-1 win for the Toffeemen!!

A 442 against the best midfield in the league and a very counter-attacking team would be utter suicidal Mikey.

We need to win the midfield battle, you aint doing that with a 2.

Reactions: FTY
A 442 against the best midfield in the league and a very counter-attacking team would be utter suicidal Mikey.

We need to win the midfield battle, you aint doing that with a 2.

Your formation only has two midfielders

None of the front 4 that you selected are in midfield. If anything you've gone closer to 4-2-4, which is even more suicidal

All I've done is replace Siggy with DCL, who is a player who gets about more than him anyway

None of the front 4 that you selected are in midfield. If anything you've gone closer to 4-2-4, which is even more suicidal

All I've done is replace Siggy with DCL, who is a player who gets about more than him anyway

...DCL works the front line, but I was under the impression Sigurdsson covers more ground in a match than most in the league.

Tough game this, Wolves look progressive. I think we’ll have to sit deep and Silva will look to protect the back four. Negative approach.

Sector 14 tho Mikey?

In a proper 4-4-2 1 player would sit, 1 player would transition the play.
In a 4231 2 players sit and the 3rd player transitions the play.

Theres a very valid reason hardly any teams play 442 anymore.

they'd had a busy start and keep the same team for most of their games, early pressure and an early goal and think we can beat these by a couple

they battered us last season though, just hope he doesn't go with DCL again

...DCL works the front line, but I was under the impression Sigurdsson covers more ground in a match than most in the league.

Tough game this, Wolves look progressive. I think we’ll have to sit deep and Silva will look to protect the back four. Negative approach.

If we were going two up with Dom and Kean, Dom is the player you'd want deeper I think

Status
Not open for further replies.