Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the murican announcers pointed out at the half that Kean was getting almost all the attn from the wolves defense and it was creating open space for the 2 wide players. Iwobi kept on trying to play 1-2s and/or long passes w/ him and it kept the defense on its heels even when it didn't work. So yea Kean did alright. I think the goals will come.

Iwobi just ran himself out in the 1st half today, he can do that because we desperately needed the energy but Bernard probably should have been subbed sooner. Subbing Iwobi for Bernard isn't like subbing Messi for DCL, there is very little dropoff.

Agree re Kean but in the second half when the ball came to him in good positions he showed a Lukaku-esque touch; I think (hope) that’s more to do with eagerness to make his mark than any technical deficiency.

Great point re Iwobi/Bernard - Probably the first position in the XI where we’ve achieved our aim of two good options.

Still a lot of work required on the defensive aspects of our game. Quite a few positives also though. Delph was superb, Siggy had a very good game, Gomes bounched back from his horror show at Villa Park and Iwobi will be immense for us once he's fully fit and settled I feel. Motm Richarlison though. Two very well taken goals.

A very good win ,in the end. We took our goals superbly but both goals were defensive errors,which is the first time for a long time at home. I thought we played really well going forward especially with Gomes and Delph in midfield. Tough call for MOM as there were 4 or 5 possibilities. Went for Delph in the end for showing excellent leadership and some great midfield play.

hearing that you lot are after rory delap , as hes a free agent since being binned off by stoke 4 years ago..

hes kept his guns fit though and can still chuck a mean 40 yard throw in to the box, which suits nuno's style of play

YARD DOGS
See you back at the Molineux , like I said I’m gracious in defeat ! Just hope you are when we turn you over at the Molineux , as we all know Everton are not the best away from home .

Just heading back to wolves now , great game for the neutral , and will take what ever gloating comments on the chin that come my way . Thought Everton played well offensively , but we didn’t help our selves gifting you the first goal which is unlike our captain coady . We played very open which is very uncharacteristic of us , but new from starting both vinagre and traore we would be suspect in defence . Congratulations on the win , and look forward to seeing you at the Molineux for a bit of revenge . ;)
Do your lot often resort to league one tactics?

See you back at the Molineux , like I said I’m gracious in defeat ! Just hope you are when we turn you over at the Molineux , as we all know Everton are not the best away from home .

got nothing to fear after watching that.

plus you'll be struggling down the bottom , trying to manage Europa and premier , Thursday , sunday .. with a squad of 13 actual players.

hearing that you lot are after rory delap , as hes a free agent since being binned off by stoke 4 years ago..

hes kept his guns fit though and can still chuck a mean 40 yard throw in to the box, which suits nuno's style of play

YARD DOGS

Exactly what I thought, Rory delaps lovechild starting and the Algarve Pulis as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.