Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the derby in March, the support has been great. Everyone has really got into the spirit of it and got behind the players. And we've went unbeaten at home. I'm not sure if we've even conceded.

I say we need to keep doing what we've been doing in the last 6 months.

They both feed off each other. We can't sit back as fans and groan and expect the players not to feel the pressure. There has to be some give and take.

You're right. The last time we conceded at home was against City in March.

Have only failed to win one home game since then (the derby).

Thought Kean looked excellent when he came on.
2 shots away in 20 minutes, can't remember our main striker doing that since Lakaku.
He looked like he belonged

He did.

One thing that'll need to get sharper - but will come once he's used to the league and the team - is his movement. Late on when Gylfi had to do the two turns to keep the ball, he was screaming for Kean to make a move so he had an option, but Kean stayed where he was.

It's just little things but the lad is 19. The signs are really promising considering it was just his second app and he was inches from scoring.

I think he'll start v Villa next week.

I know they’re a bit of a golden team to the media and we’re tipped to be the one to break into the top 6 and everything but if Watford carry on playing like that they could be in serious trouble. It’s not inconceivable that they come out of their first five games with 0 points. They just have absolutely nothing apart from corners and diving in and around the box.

Didn't get s chance to watch the match and MOTD highlights were poor. Can anyone explain why we seemed to boss them in the first half then lose control of the game in second?

He did.

One thing that'll need to get sharper - but will come once he's used to the league and the team - is his movement. Late on when Gylfi had to do the two turns to keep the ball, he was screaming for Kean to make a move so he had an option, but Kean stayed where he was.

It's just little things but the lad is 19. The signs are really promising considering it was just his second app and he was inches from scoring.

I think he'll start v Villa next week.

He was impressive when he came on. He'll take to this league like a duck to water.
Could be the steal of the season at the price you got him for. He's going to be a handful.

Didn't get s chance to watch the match and MOTD highlights were poor. Can anyone explain why we seemed to boss them in the first half then lose control of the game in second?

Gomes wasn't fully fit and Gbamin still getting up to speed. They started playing more direct and we just couldn't get as much of a foothold.

Throw in simple mistakes from some our players when on the ball (Watford's only real chance in the 2nd half came from Richarlison playing a crap pass, for example) and that's why.

One of them. We got through it and will improve.

I agree with both posters we sat in a bit the last 20 minutes but anything earlier Pickford was anle to mop up because they were not too high up the pitch
Pickford got my MOM merely because his concentration has improved dramatically and everything he did yesterday was spot on and his distribution was off the scale and put us into some good attacking positions.
The sign of a good team is winning ugly when you have to and against route one teams like Watford yesterday it is never going to be pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.