Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes wasn't fully fit and Gbamin still getting up to speed. They started playing more direct and we just couldn't get as much of a foothold.

Throw in simple mistakes from some our players when on the ball (Watford's only real chance in the 2nd half came from Richarlison playing a crap pass, for example) and that's why.

One of them. We got through it and will improve.
Good to hear that perspective. In the bad patch last year we looked scared/awful every time we went in front so was worried it was a return to bad ways

Wouldn’t have won that last season so great stuff despite being crap for much of the game. We did have a 10 minute spell post scoring in which we looked electrifying so if that’s an insight into us at our best this season I can’t wait. A fully fit Gomes and JPG with more games under his belt and we have a better grip on that game.

Mina and Bernard were the standouts

Other notes, Kean looks good, Sigurdsson was poor again but the way he basically held the ball up in their half himself in stoppage time was a joy to watch, really mature stuff. Frustrating from Richarlison but at least he’s always in the game when he’s poor. JPG had nice touches but defo looked overwhelmed at times. Needs to work on his off the ball work. Great performance from Coleman and again from Pickford.

Think we’ve got a really good team here, can’t wait for everyone to be fit and up to speed and Iwobi and Delph to come in.

I thought Siggy played okay and towards the end kept the game in our control. Keane had a very solid game, Gbamin is going to do well, Kean looks to have something, generally not too bad, need to step up fitness though.

Gave me a bit of a fright at times yesterday but I thought we showed character and considering the new players are just slotting in I think three hard earned points, we can kick on from here onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.