Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A draw and win against two poor sides. I like the fact we look like not letting many in. But vast improvement going the other way needed. The fixture list at the start of the season has been pretty kind. Lets milk it.
We've got a chance to make a really good start to the season. Build some momentum and be full of confidence once the tougher games arrive

We've got a chance to make a really good start to the season. Build some momentum and be full of confidence once the tougher games arrive
See in away we kind of have done, starting at the back, that is looking solid, and that will always be the starting point of any decent side. Now we just have to get tbe strike force going, but already the back 5 inc Pickford looks spot on, its a massive turn around on last season when that was the weakest part of Marcos set up

A win is a win while we are bedding players in and have injuries its a good one. Looking solid hopefully we can expand more going forward as the season goes on.

See in away we kind of have done, starting at the back, that is looking solid, and that will always be the starting point of any decent side. Now we just have to get tbe strike force going, but already the back 5 inc Pickford looks spot on, its a massive turn around on last season when that was the weakest part of Marcos set up

Indeed.

I am making Pickford my choice this week.

I voted for Bernard. Thought he was everywhere on the pitch, put in some great tackles just when they were needed and was made up for him that he scored the goal - really think he loved hearing his song after he scored - he gave us all a round of applause when he heard it. Think our defence is shaping up well - mina & Keane look a great partnership. Hope Digne's injury isn't too serious.
Think moise Kean is going to be a great buy - he's a strong lad for one do young, another couple of weeks to get used to the premier league & he'll have found his feet. Thought Gomes was still carrying the after effects of his injury. Gbamin looks promising. With delph, sidibe & iwobi still to be introduced to the squad, I'm liking the team brands & Silva are building. COYB

On another vein I think Marco was so right to take Richarlison off ,he is at the moment not doing enough .He falls down ( OK not today ) and asks for too many fouls .Saying that he is playing out of position and something must give ,we have or at least seem to have a glut of left wing players and how could you leave Bernard out ?

Diving was the least of richys problems , he was dog turd. Lost the ball everytine and couldn’t make simple passes, tried dribbling the ball and never releasing it, missing sitters etc. he can be very dengerous but sometimes he’s like a schoolboy with all his ball hogging and diving around whinging

Even though the consensus is Richarlison had a bad game he still managed to get himself in position to have two great chances on goal, he's quality and will hit form in a bit

Even though the consensus is Richarlison had a bad game he still managed to get himself in position to have two great chances on goal, he's quality and will hit form in a bit
I am not denying his quality ,just saying he is not playing at all well yet .Friday could very well be a different story and I hope it is ,for him and us because he seems a confidence player .

Status
Not open for further replies.