Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane mate. Total confidence player and one mistake ultimately leads to another one.

But, shows the difference in quality. If that late Richarlison chance goes to Kane, then it's 3-2. We were the better side.

Kind of hoping someone comes in with a reasonable offer for Richarlison.

Think he's peaked and if DCL is getting the central spot Im not convinced he's the man long term out on the left.

Not for me. We try and explain it away every match. The better players don’t make these errors consistently. Keane had cost us 4 points just int he last two home games with his errors. The amount of times I’ve seen him just missing a ball from a cross for a striker to nod in behind him. Yeah he tries and is an honest pro but he’s just not good enough. It’s pure sentiment that keeps the fans on his side. We all know he’s not good enough yet when we sit super see and he puts in a 6/10 decent showing we’ve begun to think that’s acceptable. What happened to when our level was Lescott Jagielka (in his prime) Stones Distin, players who bullied forwards, brought the ball out, quick strong, could play off both feet. Keane is a million miles off them. He’s not good enough and never will be.
You do realise why they play for Everton, a mid table team, and not someone like Chelsea don't you?

If we could sign Ramos or Marquinhos don't you reckon we would've?

This is our level until we get champions league.

Also, I'll stand by the fact that Keane has been excellent this year. You need to look at players not finishing chances mate. That's the problem at the moment.

You do realise why they play for Everton, a mid table team, and not someone like Chelsea don't you?

Also, I'll stand by the fact that Keane has been excellent this year. You need to look at players not finishing chances mate. That's the problem at the moment.

Thays a circular argument though, because we’re mid table we deserve players like Keane? If we want to get out of mid table we have to get rid of him because the one certainty is he will keep us in mid table.

richy just loves shooting at keepers these days

Missing chances happens. It's why you try to create as many as you can.

The midfield doesn't function without him. All that great play is literally impossible without James. There are no chances to take or miss. He's everything.

We created plenty tonight. I have zero complaints with how we performed and how we tried to get at spurs.

Mistakes cost us the game both in defence and attack. Richy should have had a bucket load across this and the Palace game.

I've given Davies motm, I thought he was excellent tonight.
1618607332934.png

I'm glad my choice of James was the popular one. He is a really class player.

We need a another couple of class players and then we will be the top of the pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.