Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
given it to iceland because of that second goal, one of those that gets better every time you watch it

James 2nd, Davies 3rd

Tottenham, RS and Chelsea.

Unbeaten in 3. Much better performance tonight. We're getting players back and Jane now out injured.

Should be a good final few weeks.
Hhmmm, or 3 points for on palace, Brighton & spurs. That’s the form of a team hoping to avoid the drop as opposed to champions league

Trying too hard mate, none of them are champions league quality but Keane has been excellent for most of the season. Coleman is at the arse end of his career. Sigurdsson literally just scored both of the goals and Davies was absolutely fine.

They just fluked it, a slip from Holgate (no fault of his own) and a rebound that goes harmlessly away for any other team but our lovable blue boys.

Not for me. We try and explain it away every match. The better players don’t make these errors consistently. Keane had cost us 4 points just int he last two home games with his errors. The amount of times I’ve seen him just missing a ball from a cross for a striker to nod in behind him. Yeah he tries and is an honest pro but he’s just not good enough. It’s pure sentiment that keeps the fans on his side. We all know he’s not good enough yet when we sit super see and he puts in a 6/10 decent showing we’ve begun to think that’s acceptable. What happened to when our level was Lescott Jagielka (in his prime) Stones Distin, players who bullied forwards, brought the ball out, quick strong, could play off both feet. Keane is a million miles off them. He’s not good enough and never will be.

If they played like that every week there would not be a problem with European qualification. They now remind me of the RS a few years back when they only performed against top sides and seemed to think lower opponents would roll over and die. Not going to happen in this league. They need to perform like that every game. Very disappointing attitude

Davies and Allan were brilliant in the middle..

Sig & James amazing.

I think we are probably unlikely to qualify for Europe, but the quality of our play was miles better,

I do not want to see Keane play again, he's terrible. So slow, doesn't do anything well. Proper dog muck of a player.

Play Holgate and Godfrey.

Much,much better tonight, Keane has gone to bits since he lost his England place, unfortunately he appears mentally weak as a player, Holgate doesn't help though, however I thought we at least had a go tonight and played some decent stuff for good periods of the game.

Hurts more than Palace, that one was just inevitable. Tonight we had them and shot ourselves in the foot twice with the same bullet

We have to put that same level of performance in 7 days from now at the Emirates

Keane mate. Total confidence player and one mistake ultimately leads to another one.

But, shows the difference in quality. If that late Richarlison chance goes to Kane, then it's 3-2. We were the better side.

Just took from that holgatw keane both not good enough, richarlson aint good enough to lead the line as the only cf. frustrating end to the season but hopefully backed at the end of the season we can add more to the squad

I think some of you decide James is man of the match as soon as you see his name on the team sheet. He had ten minutes in each half but over the full game Siggurdson was man of the match by a long way. And I’m no fan of Siggurdson usually.
He must have created at minimum 4 guilt edge chances (for Gilf, King, Richy x2) as well as just generally being outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.