Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco Silva press conference highlights:

Richarlison is fit for tomorrow.
Pleased with last week.
Mina out with slight foot injury.
Holgate or Zouma to play tomorrow.
On Bernard ... all new players have to prove they are ready to play.
Looking forward to the Goodison atmosphere but knows the team are responsible for helping create a positive one.
Still working on moving players like Bolasie and Besic out as he knows they need to be playing.
Gomes could be anything from 1 to a few weeks away with a slight hamstring injury.
Will continue to make the squad stronger and wants to be able yo make difficult decisions.
Have to play at a fast pace to break Southampton down.
Kenny and Lookman fit for tomorrow. Both left out last week for technical reasons.
What is a technical reason?

Southampton although a very poor team last season were much better than the Blues in the final home game of the season and were unlucky not to win that game : That was last season and now we have the chance to show we are a much different proposition now, I think we will Everton to win by at least two goals with Richarlison again on the mark.

Mom had a bit of a lie in this morning so I got to dress my daughter today. There will be some daycare workers in Iowa googling Everton today. Can't wait for the match tomorrow. 3-1

Attachments

• 20180816_072800.jpg
    20180816_072800.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 133
No more playing 2 defensive mids at home :).

This is the sort of game I would be expecting to win 3-0 in October/November once everyone has bedded in.

1-0 Tosun.
Think for the moment until our new signings are match fit, you may find us playing 2 DMs, although Gana will probably be playing higher up the pitch.

Once the likes of Gomes and Bernard are up and running I would expect to see Morgan and Gana rotated dependant on who we are playing.

I’d guess a 3-1 win. Zouma in for Jags. Bernard maybe in for Walcott.

Surprised by how much confidence Silva apparently is in Keane.

Well, team sheet hot off the press here:

Tosun
Richarlison-Sigurdsson-Walcott
Schneiderlin-Gueye
Digne-Zouma-Keane-Coleman
Pickford​

Bench:
Stekelenberg, Holgate, Kenny, Bernard, Niasse, Sandro, Davies​

Status
Not open for further replies.