Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
45156698-8B27-4E5A-809B-4F5C35A39615.jpeg

Let’s go for the jugular. x

Press conferences look as if they will be minimal replies to each question and no chat at all. Might be a combination of his manner/character and lack of English.

Good decision by Marco. There's an old expression; 'the devil makes light work of idle hands' and with Capt Jags twiddling his thumbs on the sideline for a few weeks, keeping Bainesy occupied on the pitch with captaincy duties is shrewd thinking by Silva. Tireless investigative work by esteemed GOTer @davek has shone light on the scheming, back-stabbing propensities of Capt Jags and Bainesy, so Silva denying the poisonous pair sideline time together to conspire against him, is a prudent defensive strategy.
In similar vein, I would suggest to Marco he up the cone-laying duties of the Caledonian galoot...
Fine piece of written work sir, tis like reading a Penny Dreadful ;)

Think for the moment until our new signings are match fit, you may find us playing 2 DMs, although Gana will probably be playing higher up the pitch.

Once the likes of Gomes and Bernard are up and running I would expect to see Morgan and Gana rotated dependant on who we are playing.
Neither Gana nor Schneiderlin are much cop further up the pitch. When all are fit, I would expect Gana to sweep, Bernard behind Tosun and Sig to be competing with Gomes for the link position.

It’s great to finally have options ;)

Expect the same team as last week, with Holgate replacing Jags.

Bernard to be given 15 minutes.

Looking forward to a comfortable 3-0.

Mark Hughes isn't quite known for his teams going forward. Got a feeling he's going to have the bus parked, the emergency brake applied and the tires booted. Gonna be tough to break through

Mark Hughes isn't quite known for his teams going forward. Got a feeling he's going to have the bus parked, the emergency brake applied and the tires booted. Gonna be tough to break through
Watched the first half against burnley the other day and they where awful, made Burnley look like barca at times

Status
Not open for further replies.