Match Thread EVERTON V SOUTHAMPTON Match thread, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see a close to full strength side put out for this tbh, with maybe just a couple of changes but with quality players such as Bernard getting a start etc. No flaffing about with the likes of Stek. He isn't good enough to even be a back up keeper. Its not only about getting a decent cup run (which we definitely need), it is also about our strongest team still not being good enough to play well for 90 minutes. They need as much game time as possible to improve, get tighter everywhere across the field including in front of goal and it is useful to be able to do that without the fear of losing valuable points.

Go for it blues. :)

If Richarlison was gonna go off injured on Saturday it would have been at half-time, seemed fine in the second half, probably taken off early just to be sure.

Bernard to start surely. Wouldn't go near Dowell in CM though, he's not strong enough on the ball.
Yeah. I wouldn't expect many, if any, to agree with me regarding Dowell, and I certainly don't expect Silva to go down that route either.

But, apart from centre forward, the central midfield is the one area on the pitch where we have been sorely lacking quality so far this season. Kieran Dowell has that quality. He showed it at times in the game against Rotherham and he also played deeper in one of the England U21 games in the Toulon tournament in which he also surprised me with his strong running with the ball.

I fully accept that playing Dowell in that position is a bit of a risk, which is why I would want Gana playing alongside him. But if we can't take a gamble at home to what will undoubtedly be a second string Southampton side, when can we?. Is he that much more of a risk than Davies anyway? You wouldn't have thought so according to some on here.

I think for this one we will line up as:

Pickford
Kenny, Keane, Zouma, Digne
Gana Snides
Siggy
Walcott Tosun Bernard

Basically 2 changes, with maybe DCL being involved.

...Silva reported in the Echo as saying he will make very few changes.
We should prioritise the cups as we won't win the league, we will beat these and then Leicester, then it's the quarters and hopefully we"ll get a home draw.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.