Match Thread EVERTON V SOUTHAMPTON Match thread, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get Steklenburg out of goal, the man's a hologram and will cost us at some point. Fed up of his shooting ourselves in the foot in this competition.

Could not agree more.

We are crying out for a cup and silly decisions such as resting 1st choice keepers don't help.

We aren't going to get top 4/win the league so this needs to be our number 1 priority. If anything we should be resting players in league games.

If he's not injured I'd be inclined to play him, but I certainly wouldn't risk him. I'd rest Walcott and play Lookman in the right and I'd rest Siggy and start with Bernard through the middle. If Richarlison is carrying a knock then I'd start with Siggy and play Bernard on the left.

Unless Mina has overcome his foot injury, I'd be inclined to start with the same two CBs and go with Kenny again at right back. I'd also give Baines a run out. I'd also go with Pickford in goal.

Midfield is the interesting one. I reckon he'll bring back Schneiderlin and play him alongside either Gana or Davies. I wouldn't. I'd like to see him give another go to Dowell in central midfield, as I do think that could well be his best position going forward. He has real quality on the ball and can pick a pass other players don't see. If he does, he'll need somebody alongside to do a lot of the leg work and that man isn't Schneiderlin. I'd play Gana personally.

If Richarlison was gonna go off injured on Saturday it would have been at half-time, seemed fine in the second half, probably taken off early just to be sure.

Bernard to start surely. Wouldn't go near Dowell in CM though, he's not strong enough on the ball.

International break coming up. Put a strong team out and get us through to the next round.

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Zouma Baines

Schneiderlin Davies

Bernard

Lookman Tosun Richarlison.

I'd be tempted to rest Richarlison purely on the basis that he seemed to struggle at certain points on Saturday and Southampton booted him all over the place in our recent meeting with them. His recent suspension showed how toothless we are without him so I'd hate it if he got injured against these.

Should definitely start Cenk as he should be very fresh after being dropped the last couple of weeks. I'd like to see Bernard start too and hopefully Lookman will get an opportunity (even if it's from the bench) as well.

I'm going for a 3-1 win.

Although I don't want to see a completely rotated team a little rotation is necessary. Pickford needs to start in net. I'd start Kenny again unless it's looking like Coleman won't be fit for the weekend, in which case I wouldn't mind seeing Holgate at RB to give Kenny a rest. I'd go with Keane and Zouma again in the middle (but wouldn't be surprised if Jagielka comes in). Baines will most likely be back in at LB. Schneiderlin should come back in to give Gueye a rest (pls don't start them together) and I'd start Davies and Sigurdsson again given our lack of depth at CM.

We have a little problem on the right given that Walcott is the only winger we have who's natural on that flank; Bernard, Lookman and Richarlison all prefer to be on the left cutting inside. I'd go with Bernard on the left and Lookman on the right and let them swap every so often if things aren't going to plan and get Cenk back in up top.

I think UEFA didn't want any official matches broadcasted during CL and EL games. So i wouldnt be suprised if this will not be on tv

I think UEFA didn't want any official matches broadcasted during CL and EL games. So i wouldnt be suprised if this will not be on tv
That rule ran out last year,plus it was not one of the tv games picked as the 2 were already picked for the round,this is supposedly only on 1 ch worldwide and the goals will no doubt be showing on sky sports news as they go in-hopefully via the saints net.

Status
Not open for further replies.