Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Godfrey was good, both in the middle and at full back. Digne didn't look ready Seamus struggled, Tosun should really.never get a sniff of first team.football here, if he has to play we must play 4 4 2, because Tosun can't run. Simms must be a terrible footballer if Carlo constantly plays Tosun ahead of him.
BTW, before somebody says Tosun scored, yes he did, but, any 5th tier centre forward should be scoring there, Gordon did the hard work.
The only.positive we can take from today is, we are through. I wonder how much extra time will affect us on Tuesday night v Wolves.

Can't take anymore of Coleman,Wont be watching us if I see him in the starting 11, he's morphed into and horrific footballer.

And if anyone comes at me with the garbage of "oh he's been a great servant" "could of left for bigger things rubbish" I'll slap their letterbox with a wet fish.

Finished,Garbage,OUT!!!

* Puts kettle on and sits down*
Agreed with the first comment!!

what came next is a bit harsh lol

We didn't though - its a total myth just because some youngster scored a cross come shot worldie that day the rest of the team were very experienced
All right, a bunch of kids not long out of school, which they weren't. Average age of the team over 24 so big "kids".
They started with 6 from the youth set up, most of who were making their debuts, and a further 2 youth players came off the bench. They had their back up keeper in. The only players with first team experience were Milner (who played left back), Gomes and Lallana who were both on their way back from long term injuries, and Origi.

To even suggest that the team were very experienced is ridiculous and I can only think you are in some way trying to make excuses for the performance. That second half was by far the worst performance I've seen in in 50 years of watching Everton. Far worse than the hammerings we've had at the hands of Arsenal, Chelsea etc. The fact it was against Liverpool of all teams merely makes it worse.

that match was a good example of why the FA Cup is gash and will never be anything other than gash.... until we win it, at which point it becomes super awesome.

If we were guaranteed replacements, I think the players I’d be glad never to see play for us again from today’s games are:

Gomes
Tosun
Bernard
Gordon

Also I’d probably say Coleman, which sucks because he’s been a great servant but he brings nothing to the team anymore barring enthusiasm and that isn’t enough by itself.

Gordon seems like the latest in a fair old like of players who came onto the scene looking exciting but the reality is that he just doesn’t look like he is, or could be good enough. Promising lower league career beckons for him, I’m sure.

Fair play to Rotherham, they were probably the better side over the 90 and ran out of legs a bit in extra time.

We were worse than awful, no composure, no noise when calm heads were needed.

Been saying it for a while, Carlo needs to jib a few of these bum dossers off and stick the kids in and around the squad, or we will never know if we have any decent players in the ressies.

Nkounkou, gordon and Simms should be in and around the team/bench a lot more than Bernie, tosun, Coleman etc.

Marcel needs a big January.

Games like that have happened in every FA cup third round for the past 150 years. The smaller teams always want it more early on and try to play a little and it’s part of why the competition is quite good. You have probably uttered words like that yourselves in the past. Fact is we went through and it wasn’t a giant killing so some of you should dry your sheets, have a few beers and enjoy your weekends.

Showed the value of Doucoure, him and Allan first names on the teamsheet when everyone's fit

Gomes and Davies should be ashamed of themselves today, can understand why they struggle against midtable of higher premier league CMs, but they should have no trouble running the show against these.

Status
Not open for further replies.