Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....remember UCD, we’re in the hat and that’s what matters.

MoM very difficult, I actually thought Mina made a big difference when he came on, as much with his attitude and leadership but I’ll go for Godfrey who was solid. Says lots when he takes over at LB from Digne to snuff out their main threat.

Move on.

@Ring master pretty much nailed it on Page 1
Its Everton mate, we know how bad they can be and how much hard work they make of it, went for 3-1 in the end - but lucky so much of that match and we only really started in 1st period of ET-Everton have not played well for weeks even in wins for me, Rotherham more than held their own today and can be proud of themselves considering they are 2nd bottom

Made hard work of that, glad we’re through but it was a woeful performance against a team in the bottom 3 of the Championship who hadn’t played for 3 weeks

Good Performances - Olsen, Keane, Mina, Godfrey, Doucoure

Ok Performances - Bernard, Sigurdsson, Nkounkou, James, Digne

In The MF Bin - Coleman, Tosun, Davies, Gomes, Iwobi

What a display, what a performance. Gomes, typically dictating the Midfield, Rotheram couldn't get near him. Bernard, the Brazilian Lee Trundle, weaving inside and out of those Championship defenders, and Niels Nkounkou, playing like Patrick Viera on the wing. Brilliant, just Brilliant. Proud to be Blue, #COYB

Jokes apart I thought Nkounkou, played very well on the wing, his pace and skill, shone through our slow ponderous play at times.

What this match just proved was that our midfield personnel are no better, and at times worse, than a poor championship team. Time for marcel and the owners to finally get the message.

I can only think of Gordon for MOTM out of the players that started, Nkounkou and Mina both in there aswell for their contribution late on, shows how bad a massive chunk of that game was

Status
Not open for further replies.