Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We struggled after the first 15 minutes, but its the cup and anything can happen. Thought Doucoure deserved MOTM because he altered the game when he came on and special mention for Noukounku when he came on in et, his speed down the wing is an asset we can use more often.

Said way back that he should have come for Digne.

Agree with all the posts that Coleman is finished (sadly) and Davies, Iwobi, Tosun, Gomes and Bernard need to leave. These players may play well 1 in 10 (ie Davies v Sheff Utd and Iwobi v Fulham) but surely no one can have any realistic hope that they will help Everton progress. Siggi can go too.

I went for Coleman as MoM, although I know I won't get much agreement on here. But he played for the full 120+ minutes, was one of the few players pushing us forward, and most of his passes went to a blue shirt which is more than can be said for the rest of them including James. Even Olsen kicked the ball directly to his opposite number on a few occasions!
As for the rest, Digne played well until he tired and was rightly substituted, Keane looked solid but the number of times he kicked long balls to nobody was frustrating, Gomes was alright in patches, Gordon was good in the first 15 minutes but had to go home for his tea after that I think, Tosun scored a good goal and then disappeared for an hour or so. All in all another forgettable performance from a disjointed looking Everton. We can only get better.

This game showed no argument that Davies is not good enough that is it even as a squad player, the same could be said for Gomes, might be better though with no Davies. Coleman should never start a game again except on the bench but even that is stretching it, too many times upfield and could not get back. As for Tosun arguably 2 goals but needs to go full stop as does Bernard. Siggy coming on did steady the ship but the key was Doucure. Iwobi is far better with a FB who does not get in his way but supports him.

Doucs an easy pick. until he appeared there was no muscle at all. That's our problem. We're utter weeds, Rotherham were like the dogs of war, just - thankfully - vastly inferior footballers. Once Gbamin gets back that will hopefully be sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.