Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take the positives of a good performance. But I wouldnt be surprised to hear news of van de beek and dcl out for the season and us to play 2 in the middle against spurs and turn in another turgid performance. Its on that basis why a penalty not given was a very big decision that's disgracefully gone against us. If it can be proven it was offside then fair enough but I've not seen that evidence.

Via BBC, if not already said

Everton have 22 points from 24 Premier League matches this season (W6 D4 L14), their lowest tally at this stage of a league campaign (assuming 3 pts/win all-time) since 1929-30 (also 22), when they were relegated from the top-flight.

I don’t know where all this possible offside stuff has come from that I’m reading about, but I can guarantee you that they didn’t even check for an offside. If they had they would have shown it on the VAR replays with all the lines before or after checking the handball

Yeah, i believe that after Rodri handballed it that play carried on until an offside was given and the game stopped. Then they did the VAR check, after it wasn't given play restarted with the offside.

It was not an offside against Richarlison before the handball. If he was was, and Var didn't want to give the penalty they would have just said there was an offside before the handball and there'd be no argument, not some crap and being insufficent evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.