Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's have it straight, we we're robbed of a very good point today! That was a blatant pen and there is no one that will say otherwise. Played some good hard football, play like this we are staying up. I will say though, Lampard should not have brought on forward players when we're holding onto a game.

Aside from the obvious (great spirit, total BS on the penalty), there were a couple of less obvious things I was pleased to see that we haven't seen enough at Everton for a while.

Little things like surrounding the ref. Berating the linesman. Alli going into Ederson. Coleman and Foden going at each other.

Sounds daft but these for me are encouraging signs. Be snide. Stop being such a soft touch.

Let's have it straight, we we're robbed of a very good point today! That was a blatant pen and there is no one that will say otherwise. Played some good hard football, play like this we are staying up. I will say though, Lampard should not have brought on forward players when we're holding onto a game.
And it's more than a point to be honest. It's a whole psychological shift.

Completely missed everything. How did we play? Did we deserve to lose?
Played well, worked our arses off and matched them in the first half.
They pretty much dominated the second half as we were a little bit spent.
They scored after a deflection that Keane didn't clear.

We should of had a penalty, but we didn't get the rub of the green. There was no corruption or match fixing involved as some have inferred?.

All in all it was a good performance from us and on another day we may have scraped a draw.

Played well, worked our arses off and matched them in the first half.
They pretty much dominated the second half as we were a little bit spent.
They scored after a deflection that Keane didn't clear.

We should of had a penalty, but we didn't get the rub of the green. There was no corruption or match fixing involved as some have inferred?.

All in all it was a good performance from us and on another day we may have scraped a draw.
Cheers. A point would have been decent! Fingers crossed for the next game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.