Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to honestly say that even though I've read more on this issue than possibly any other topic, I haven't seen the default question asked. That is would a free kick have been given for handball if it was anywhere else other than the penalty area.
I reckon it would have been awarded which leaves me to claim that the officials are gutless.

I've got to honestly say that even though I've read more on this issue than possibly any other topic, I haven't seen the default question asked. That is would a free kick have been given for handball if it was anywhere else other than the penalty area.
I reckon it would have been awarded which leaves me to claim that the officials are gutless.
I often wonder about this when you see fouls committed in the area that would be punished if they occurred anywhere else on the field but get waved away by the referee (unless it's certain players having fainting fits because an opposition player looked at them funny)

I think Keane has bungled enough games for his name to known through the lexicon as a term for committing a howler. Just a matter of time before a commentator calling a game witnesses a crucial error goes with "the defender just keaned the ball there leading to an own goal"
Nah mate, I still howl and shout “Oh no he’s done a Yobo”

Yes 1 point can make all of the difference but also the difference a 1-1 draw against Citeh could have made in terms of confidence cant be underestimated either. (assuming we score the penalty)
In fairness mate, i think the feeling of injustice, and knowing that we should have had a point will do the trick too. Lampard and Cole were schooled by the master of the siege mentality. Mourhino always got his teams feeling they were being turned over by the officials, cheated by other clubs etc. so i fully expect Lampard and Cole to be filling our lads heads with a “me and you against the world” mentality!

Agreed but dont think Tierney could see it. It's on his blindside and he has players in the way.

Hence the whoel point of VAR - What's that? The ref couldn't get a clear view because hes human? Hello mr VAR official, have you checked that incident?

VAR isnt even the problem, it's those in charge. All the corrupt var official had to do if he wasn't sure either way, was say to Tierney, go check the monitor yourself. You are the ref, you are in charge, I'm here to assist.

I felt a bit for Tierney in a way at the end because all he can say is VAR checked it. Only thing i'd say he should get criticism for is not saying you know what, your taking 2 mins to look at it, this is clearly something that needs my eyes, I'll go check it for myself. That's all he had to do.

Tierney must have seen the incident after the game and wondered what on earth Kavanagh was playing at..

Has this been post d yet?

IMG-20220302-WA0004.jpg

So now that we’re safe, I think we can all look back and laugh at the Rodri handball decision and City’s two extra points as the pivotal moment in Liverpool not winning the league. Lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.