Match Thread Everton v Manchester City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

summerisle

The rain, it raineth every day
I, for one, can't wait for the match, and the latest instalment of the, 'Everton building for the future', project.

FMNqfFRXMAkBTd5

We all know what will probably transpire, but in the words of Martin Luther King, we hope the least that will happen is :

71pgCj215dL._AC_SL1136_.jpg

A win could be the making of Lampard, maybe even a draw. A heavy defeat and a limp, penile performance will only cast a pall, joining all the other palls, to prolong the misery.

Like the Spurs match, I'd happily accept a boring 0-0 draw.

*Wearily exclaims UTFT !

A close second to the RS as my most despised club these beauts. Plenty of gobshite followers as well. Barely used to half fill the away end at Goodison before the takeover except for the odd cup tie or the time they turned up to give Kendall loads when we played them not long after he left them for us.

Light years ahead of us in every aspect though and a terrible time to play them after their loss last week. If we keep it to a 2 goal or less defeat then we'll have done quite well.

Bit of a no-win situation here.

Play full side, get spanked and potentially lose a few more key players through injury.

Play some fringe players and take a massive hit on our goal difference.

I see best case scenario as 3-0 to them. Damn.

If the atmosphere is as good as the Leeds game, and it should be, I think we can get at least a point here. Goodison, with our full support is a joy to behold & can bring that little bit extra out of the players. Defensive, 10 men behind the ball, let them play their pass, pass, pass, sidewards. backwards, tippy tippy boring football, 90% possession & hit them on the break. We won’t lose this one. Gray will score & DCL from a set piece. ?

We need to keep one eye on our goal differential for this one. There's little hope for a win in my opinion, I'd take a point right now if it was possible.

Bit of a no-win situation here.

Play full side, get spanked and potentially lose a few more key players through injury.

Play some fringe players and take a massive hit on our goal difference.

I see best case scenario as 3-0 to them. Damn.
Think I remember a similar situation last year or one before where we had players back for city and I wish we never played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.