Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if already posted. Good on the lad.
Screenshot_20220409-154657_Twitter.jpg

Gave it to Fabian ,I thought he was just what the young lads needed .If he stays fit we will have a better chance just ask Frank.
The whole team gave their all and made me proud again ,not there yet but 3 points nearer .
If nothing else I want us to stay up just to show the pundits who have been on our case for weeks .

In have been guilty of being highly critical of our spineless wonders but credit where credit is due, today they worked like a unit, it looked as if they cared about what each other we're doing. Hopefully they can take some confidence from the clean sheet.
When they play together they are not a team who should be sweating on relegation. I went foe Delph as my MoM mainly because he used his experience to be in the right place at the right time, I thought his presence allowed others to play without the fear that one mistake was going to get us beaten.
Special praise must go to Pickford, Iwobi, Godfrey, Mykolenko, Coleman, Allan, Gordon and Richarleson, today they looked like they cared. DCL looked like someone who isn't fully focuses on the task in hand, hopefully he will now feed of the others and start putting himself about a bit.

Well lads what can I say to add to what's already been said, very little really but sod it I willlol

First off I feel a fraud giving MOM to our keeper when so many of our outfield players showed so much tenacity, courage, determination and dare I say it skill. People who we've all been frustrated with at some point turned up in spades today.

Alex Iwobi, never stopped and played like an Everton player should, totally committed to the cause, tireless all day, brilliant.

Myko came of age as a true replacement for Digne, got forward superbly but also showed steel in his defensive work.

Game shy Delph/ Excellent, like a new signing.

Gordon was Gordon, a true blue as ever.

Allan still has it, he made one big difference to our midfield, a terrier.

Richie seemed even more up for it than normal, maybe he relished seeing the fight his team mates put in today for a change, he was superb today and a right royal PITA for Utd.

Every man played his part, Coleman rolled the years back and Keano even after an early wobble got some game saving clearances in.....well done lad.

Now we all know what they can do, no excuses for them not turning up in the future, although I said that after the City game.

Would just like to see us with a proper no 9 now, I think even Rondon may have given Maguire a bit more trauma than he had today.

Well done Frank, the team and the supporters. Great stuff;) Season begins here.

Last edited:
Lost pogba on a free and then broke the world record to sign him , pay him massive wages and he done nothing and will leave on a free , Sancho 72? Ronaldo 500k a week? Cavani ? 200k a week , Maguire … worlds most expensive cb 80m? Had de gae 350k a week , Fred 50m , basaka 52m , had alexi Sanchez on 500k a week and he downed tools … hoping DCL joins the list of over priced over paid flops at Man U tbh
But they won’t be done on that ridiculous ffp nonsense. We might. We need to be careful. The Man Utd’s of this world don’t. They won’t be touched.
But you are spot on , they have spent/ wasted some money. But most teams have. Except maybe Man City. They seem to buy players who just slot in. Can’t think now of any duds. There was a few say ten years back. But not many bad buys recently. Although they do pay massive wages……

In have been guilty of being highly critical of our spineless wonders but credit where credit is due, today they worked like a unit, it looked as if they cared about what each other we're doing. Hopefully they can take some confidence from the clean sheet.
When they play together they are not a team who should be sweating on relegation. I went foe Delph as my MoM mainly because he used his experience to be in the right place at the right time, I thought his presence allowed others to play without the fear that one mistake was going to get us beaten.
Special praise must go to Pickford, Iwobi, Godfrey, Mykolenko, Coleman, Allan, Gordon and Richarleson, today they looked like they cared. DCL looked like someone who isn't fully focuses on the task in hand, hopefully he will now feed of the others and start putting himself about a bit.
I actually felt sorry for DCL today. Whilst the whole team around him played like lions he looked so lost. Like he had no idea how to get into the game. What the hell has happened to him? I have posted critical posts previously but now I just feel it is tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.