Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back, great result and it does not flatter us.

I voted for Iwobi, simply because he put in so much effort and chased everything all match.

Stand-outs from Allan, Delph, Godfrey, Richarlison and Mykolenko looks to be settling nicely.
Was Dom as pointless as he appeared to be on tv? Just seemed out for a stroll again.

It sounded fantastic on the radio, even with TS and their less than ace production values.

Anyone posted the Tunnel Camera thing yet??

Strange side United, individually they have great players but as a team they don’t gel at all. Some have a attitude problem too.

Would you have Rashford here?
For me, not a chance. No way. 1 good performance today aside, we've got -and had in the not to distant past- more than enough Big Time Charlies who are content to pick up a mega wage and strut around the pitch, head down, looking like they're not at all ar$ed about doing their day jobs because they've already "made it".

The Rashford who burst onto the scene, who was a live wire, terrified defenders, lived to play etc would be wanted but not the Rashford that exists now, who is either too lazy or too self-important to do any of that stuff. Doesn't look half as interested on the pitch as he does hanging out with celebs at fashion shows and music gigs. Big swerve for me.

That said...... IF we stay up, I can legit see Richy moving on and probably DCL and wouldn't be at all surprised if we made a ridiculous offer to United and signed him as well as his inseperable bestest buddy Lingard next summer. (They get big new contracts, more millions in the bank, don't have to move house or leave their comfort zone etc. Typical EFC business).

Brilliant today, they had the fight in them to win, that’s what we have to do especially at home and win our games. Iwobi great effort today and thought the back line including Pickford was really good.

I don't want to sound negative, but at time of posting Chelsea are 4-0 up away at Southampton after only 30 minutes. Counting chickens etc :blush:
Well said. Some people getting a bit toooo carried away with the win today (albeit an important, much needed one) when this time tomorrow we could be back to a 1pt cushion and right back where we started.

(PS. it's just the 6 goals Chelsea are leading by at time of writing.........) ?

Leeds winning 3-0. So that’s Watford 6 points behind us. Thought maybe that we could catch Leeds and Brentford. ( still might ). But I suppose now it’s all about 17th place. And staying in the PL. It’s in our hands.

This is early to say this. But what the hell. If we do stay in the PL. Please learn from this season. Please get the defence sorted. Get a proper midfield trained to within an inch of their lives. Today showed what a proper midfield offers. And sell dcl. Get hungry youngish interested forwards on board. Get goalscorers onboard. Get the deadwood moved out, to free up wages.
And no more flirting with relegation. Not good for the heart.
Lots of work still to be done. But it’s looking a little better after today.
Last comment……..first time I think I’ve ever said this. But I’m supporting Norwich city tomorrow. Up the Canaries….

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.