Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think players should leave when they feel like it and stay when they feel like it
See, I hate that attitude. In football, and in any walk of life. It smacks of entitlement, rather than putting in the graft necessary to improve and deliver the required results. People like Lookman and Thierry Small make me want to puke, with their titty-lipped attitude. If at first you don't succeed, quit and go somewhere else!!!

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfrey Mykolenko

Doucoure Allan VDB

Richarlison DCL Gray

Rest Mina, Delph, Iwobi & Gordon for a huge game on sunday at the pit.

That should be a team good enough to get a result tonight. Games at Goodison under the lights take care of themselves.

Just shows how bad injuries have hit us this season - we now have a lot of options in CM with Doucoure, Allan, VDB, Iwobi, Delph all fit.

People blame Mosh Man / managers but if we had a decent fitness record we would be much higher in the table imo.

Need to do our due diligence in the summer on players who dont get injured often.

LC will play their strongest team tonight and rest them at the weekend.
We would in their place.

Tough game tonight.

See, I hate that attitude. In football, and in any walk of life. It smacks of entitlement, rather than putting in the graft necessary to improve and deliver the required results. People like Lookman and Thierry Small make me want to puke, with their titty-lipped attitude. If at first you don't succeed, quit and go somewhere else!!!

Ever changed jobs?

Would love Everton to really turn up tonight. Put 4 past this Leicester outfit. And keep a clean sheet. Win 4-0.
But 2-0 seems to be the consensus on this thread. 2-0 Would be great.
And if we go behind , then I'd sell my soul for the draw. Just don't lose tonight. So there you are. All bases covered. Just don't get beat tonight.

Do I trust this Everton bunch to get a result? No. Not really...
But who knows? Who knows what will happen. Just turn up.
No mistakes. And take our chances when they come. Let's rock and roll. Win this football match.
Ps.......the bookies odds favour a 1-1 draw. Might not be a bad result if it looks like our lot have not turned up. We usually know early doors if the effort is not there. We know when our lot are lethargic....
The next favoured odds are either a 1-0 or 2-1 win for us. The bookies slightly favour us.
But all that means nothing if we don't turn up. So just turn up. For once just give the support a stress free night. Win this match.

I'd also play Mina. Hopefully tighten the defence up. Why keep him for the derby? He could break down 10 minutes into the derby. He could break down tonight. He could last the rest of the season. Who knows. But he could also be the difference tonight. Play him.
Up The Toffees. Big Mina's header into the top corner Toffees.

Last edited:
Would love Everton to really turn up tonight. Put 4 past this Leicester outfit. And keep a clean sheet. Win 4-0.
But 2-0 seems to be the consensus on this thread. 2-0 Would be great.
And if we go behind , then I'd sell my soul for the draw. Just don't lose tonight. So there you are. All bases covered. Just don't get beat tonight.

Do I trust this Everton bunch to get a result? No. Not really...
But who knows? Who knows what will happen. Just turn up.
No mistakes. And take our chances when they come. Let's rock and roll. Win this football match.
Ps.......the bookies odds favour a 1-1 draw. Might not be a bad result if it looks like our lot have not turned up. We usually know early doors if the effort is not there. We know when our lot are lethargic....
Then next favoured odds are either a 1-0 or 2-1 win for us. The bookies slightly favour us.
But all that means nothing if we don't turn up. So just turn up. For once just give the support a stress free night. Win this match.

I'd also play Mina. Hopefully tighten the defence up. Why keep him for the derby? He could break down 10 minutes into the derby. He could break down tonight. He could last the rest of the season. Who knows. But he could also be the difference tonight. Play him.
Up The Toffees. Big Mina's header into the top corner Toffees.

we have to win or it’s curtains for us

(maybe)

The slumlord has never beaten Everton at Goodison with Leicester in 7 attempts, and I dont expect him to tonight either.

In terms of the league Leicester have got absolutely nothing to play for. Too many points as not to be worried about relegation, & nowhere near enough points to be in with a shout of European football next season. The desire & motivation should be with us, especially as we're at home. I feel very confident that this time tomorrow we'll be feeling a lot more comfortable.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfrey Mykolenko

Doucoure Allan VDB

Richarlison DCL Gray

Rest Mina, Delph, Iwobi & Gordon for a huge game on sunday at the pit.
I have to be honest - we're not getting anything from Anfield even with a full squad. Tonight is the match we absolutely need to win. Anything other than an pelting is a huge bonus on Sunday, including losing by just 2 or 3 goals. They're unstoppable and probably a decade ahead of us. Your team is what I'd go for, but I'd switch Doucoure for Delph.

stone-cold-steve-austin-documentary-1200x640-1.jpg
who is he and what is he holding there ?

In terms of the league Leicester have got absolutely nothing to play for. Too many points as not to be worried about relegation, & nowhere near enough points to be in with a shout of European football next season. The desire & motivation should be with us, especially as we're at home. I feel very confident that this time tomorrow we'll be feeling a lot more comfortable.
Yeah its a nothing game for them, I havent been this confident of a win for a long time

Yeah its a nothing game for them, I havent been this confident of a win for a long time
With no pressure sometimes comes the ability to play your true game and just go out there and enjoy it. Not saying that's what they're going to do - as they by all accounts were pretty poor in their defeat against Newcastle - but it could happen. Desperately hoping we get the win which we should do, but they shouldn't be written off.

Status
Not open for further replies.