Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While Leicester are a decent side they are only 3 points above Newcastle and 1 above Brentford. So they aren't that good

He's the best example of why we might go down. His story here hits every single major issue.
There seems to be a bit of rewriting of history with Lookman, as if he was treated poorly and never given a proper go.

That’s not true. He was often very promising in substitute appearances, but whenever he was given a start he failed to recreate those performances.

It just didn’t work out for him here and we made more or less double our money on him.

Just weeping watching the replay of James bending one in the top corner last season. As if we let that fat kopite tit force him out the club. Anyway 2-0 blues tonight, we should be fresher and have the home advantage.

While Leicester are a decent side they are only 3 points above Newcastle and 1 above Brentford. So they aren't that good
we aren't that good either. Especially when attempting to win back to back matches. Always letting everyone down is this Everton team.
But I see what you mean about Leicester. So let's hope that our not very good bunch can step up tonight and beat a not very good Leicester city bunch. It's all about hope. Nothing really to go on. But I think we will win tonight. Get the midfield right. Boss the midfield. And we win.
Up The Toffees.......our hopefully better than Leicester Toffees....

we aren't that good either. Especially when attempting to win back to back matches. Always letting everyone down is this Everton team.
But I see what you mean about Leicester. So let's hope that our not very good bunch can step up tonight and beat a not very good Leicester city bunch. It's all about hope. Nothing really to go on. But I think we will win tonight. Get the midfield right. Boss the midfield. And we win.
Up The Toffees.......our hopefully better than Leicester Toffees....
yeah its meaningless when we have been so poor. But lets hope the United game has given us some confidence and there should be a decent atmosphere tonight under the lights!

They've just been so heavily reliant on Vardy for years that when he doesn't play they're literally a relegation side. He's played twice since December 28th and scored once, then got injured again and is out for a while yet. Prior to his injury he'd scored 9 times in 16 games, which says everything. If he'd have got injured in October, and not the end of December, they'd probably be where we are now.

Richarlison
Gray - Alli - Gordon

Gray should be chomping at the bit to prove a point to Leicester tonight.
I'd deffo start Grey tonight.

Pickford
Coleman, Mina, Godfrey, Mykolenko
VDB, Allan
Grey, Iwobi, Richy
DCL

Gordon off the bench for the last 25 mins.

Need the win tonight big time. None of this ‘resting players for the derby’ rubbish - we have a big opportunity for three points tonight against a team with as bad an away record as us and we’re at home under the lights with less injury problems than normal.

We could turn up in great form, no injuries and a weeks rest and still get battered at the pit, it’s all about 3 points this evening and putting Burnley under big pressure ahead of their huge game tomorrow night.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 11.27.47 am.png

The expectations on Brendan's shoulders this season have not been met, their morale has to be low and just want it over. This is the difference been Newcastle and Leicester since mid January, four places lower and only one point above Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.