Everton v Huddersfield Town - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know all the behind scenes action but Sulky looks unlikely to play. We’ve been tremendously fortunate, (ie by normal ‘Everton that’ standards) to have so few injuries, especially when you consider how long the competition has already been going. In Gana’s absence I’m concurring with @he pennypacker and thinking Tom Thumb comes in. I’m not a big fan of him on the left but I suspect Eton Dom will get a start there. And like a lot of you, I’m looking forward to seeing how Stone and fat Lazza combine as CBs.
I’m tremendously excited about the game and hopefully GP will be similarly aroused (especially given Snods’ crisp scoffing soundscape will be heard for the first time...GP should be jumping!! ...we all owe @Charles Hawtrey a big ‘thank you!!’ for that)

We don’t know all the behind scenes action but Sulky looks unlikely to play. We’ve been tremendously fortunate, (ie by normal ‘Everton that’ standards) to have so few injuries, especially when you consider how long the competition has already been going. In Gana’s absence I’m concurring with @he pennypacker and thinking Tom Thumb comes in. I’m not a big fan of him on the left but I suspect Eton Dom will get a start there. And like a lot of you, I’m looking forward to seeing how Stone and fat Lazza combine as CBs.
I’m tremendously excited about the game and hopefully GP will be similarly aroused (especially given Snods’ crisp scoffing soundscape will be heard for the first time...GP should be jumping!! ...we all owe @Charles Hawtrey a big ‘thank you!!’ for that)
This reads like A Clockwork Orange.

The team and bench pick itself really. Guess Browning will have to be on the bench. Worryingly, the team looks a bit rubbish, and nothing on the bench to fill me with confidence.

that's like reading one of those Mirror tweets with cryptic names for starting XI's

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us go 4-4-2 in this one:

——————-Pickford——————-
Coleman—Holgate—Zouma—Digne

Walcott—Davies—Dowell—Sigurdsson
————Tosun——DCL——————-

Not saying that this should be the team, but it wouldn’t surprise me given Wednesday night’s selection.

Even a half fit Morgan would be ahead of Dowell - for right or wrong.

no way he can start. his defensive work is non existent and he will just put the team under pressure all game down that side.

seriously, he needs selling. He will never produce much. compare him to Richarlison;

same age
pace - similar
Arial threat - Richarlison all day, Lookman will never have this
Defensive work - Richarlison loads - Lookman naff all
consistency - Richarlison hands down.

basically, if Lookman works on his consistency and defensive work rate, he will be "almost" as good as Richarlison is now.
I take it your not a fan of Lookman.

The team and bench pick itself really. Guess Browning will have to be on the bench. Worryingly, the team looks a bit rubbish, and nothing on the bench to fill me with confidence.
I was thinking this about the bench, it is thin but thats more to do with injuries and redcards

Status
Not open for further replies.