Everton v Huddersfield Town - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Avoid at all cost
Dly9s4YX0AATSj4

And its Hi Ho, Marco Silva!!

Saturday 3 o'clock, Goodison Park, simply lovely.

Its game 2 of our 3 home games on the bounce, our "2nd string" dispatched with The Rotherhams with relative ease and its a home banker against relegation fodder up next, I mean im joking of course or am I!!!!

Huddersfield haven't really started the season very well and I have a serious dislike of their Manager, defo something not right about that Wagner fella, I'm telling ya, a quick look at their squad tells me everything I need to know about which division these will be playing in next season and it rhymes with, erm, Championship, but like the cliche says, there are no easy games in this league and we will certainly have to show up in order to claim all 3 points.

Finch Farm would seem like a scene from Casualty currently, so its a case of whoever can walk will play, players dropping like flies and it certainly doesn't help to have Rico missing once again, thankfully there is an International break coming up and it should give some of our players a chance to hopefully get themselves right in those 2 weeks, possibly wishful thinking I suppose.

Baring this in mind and hoping we can get some fit for the weekend, this is my 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Zouma - Holgate - Digne
Gana - Morgan
Iceland
Walcott - Tosun - Dowell
Everywhere we go, were the Everton Football club, putting on a show.

Last edited by a moderator:

As the transfer window will be shut by then, there will be no more distractions for Lookman and I think he will start, RB Leipzig are out of the champions league now, so can’t afford him.

If it’s not Lookman then hopefully Bernard gets the nod and gets at least 60 minutes.

Hoping for 3 points but it’s not a given, against Rotherham our back 4 made mistakes, against a premiership team those mistakes would be punished. We need to be at it from the first whistle, get an early goal and I think they will crumble

...big, big game. A win and it’s a very reasonable start to the season. I fear we will go into the game with a long injury list, so it might be a struggle, especially defensively.

Up the Toffees.

...big, big game. A win and it’s a very reasonable start to the season. I fear we will go into the game with a long injury list, so it might be a struggle, especially defensively.

Up the Toffees.
We could probably get away with playing the u18 defence against these, they pose next to no threat going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.