Everton v Huddersfield Town - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
A concerning number of injuries but hopefully most of those stay home and don't go on international duty the next two weeks. If that's the case we should have a close to full squad for West Ham.

I’d start with Lookman, then get someone to boot it into the crowd straight from the kick off and sub him.

Where’s uncle ralf now?!

So we've got about 4 fit players for tomorrow by the sound of it. I assume Lookman will be on the bench since he hasn't played much but hopefully he can show something if he gets on. I'm guessing it'll be:
Pickford
Seamus Holgate Zouma Baines
Davies Schneids
Walcott Gylfi DCL
Tosun
I'd like to see Digne but I think he will be hesitant to shift too many players around at once. Bench options will be limited to Dowell, Oumar, Lookman and defenders but that should still be plenty to beat these.

Win our next two games and we are well placed I'd say, to fight at the top end. West am and Huddersfield. Few teams above play each other. I think it can be the mark of a really good start. Unbeaten to.

Judging by the press conference, it's:

Pickford
Coleman - Holgate - Zouma - Digne/LB
Schneiderlin - Davies
Walcott - Gylfi - DCL
Tosun

Bench: Stek, LB/Digne, Kenny, Pennington, Dowell, Lookman, Niasse

Do we even have any other healthy options?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us go 4-4-2 in this one:

——————-Pickford——————-
Coleman—Holgate—Zouma—Digne

Walcott—Davies—Dowell—Sigurdsson
————Tosun——DCL——————-

Not saying that this should be the team, but it wouldn’t surprise me given Wednesday night’s selection.

Judging by the press conference, it's:

Pickford
Coleman - Holgate - Zouma - Digne/LB
Schneiderlin - Davies
Walcott - Gylfi - DCL
Tosun

Bench: Stek, LB/Digne, Kenny, Pennington, Dowell, Lookman, Niasse

Do we even have any other healthy options?
Thought Pennington was out on loan now. So possibly see Browning on the bench? No idea who else.

So we've got about 4 fit players for tomorrow by the sound of it. I assume Lookman will be on the bench since he hasn't played much but hopefully he can show something if he gets on. I'm guessing it'll be:
Pickford
Seamus Holgate Zouma Baines
Davies Schneids
Walcott Gylfi DCL
Tosun
I'd like to see Digne but I think he will be hesitant to shift too many players around at once. Bench options will be limited to Dowell, Oumar, Lookman and defenders but that should still be plenty to beat these.
I think that will probably be the team, unless he wants to give Dowell a start ahead of DCL...

I would certainly play Lookman if fit.

----------------Pickford-------------------
--Coleman--Holgate--Zouma--Digne--
---------------Schneiderlin------------------
----Walcott--Sigurdsson---Lookman----
-----------------Tosun-----------------------

If not Lookman then DCL.

There's no way that Lookman deserves to start. He needs to knuckle down, work hard and stop sulking. Then he may get a start.
I'd much rather make him prove his worth starting an actual game rather than giving him 10 minutes at the end of the game

I'd much rather make him prove his worth starting an actual game rather than giving him 10 minutes at the end of the game

no way he can start. his defensive work is non existent and he will just put the team under pressure all game down that side.

seriously, he needs selling. He will never produce much. compare him to Richarlison;

same age
pace - similar
Arial threat - Richarlison all day, Lookman will never have this
Defensive work - Richarlison loads - Lookman naff all
consistency - Richarlison hands down.

basically, if Lookman works on his consistency and defensive work rate, he will be "almost" as good as Richarlison is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.