Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would forget about the champions league it is beyond our reach for next season, and for me personally I hope we don’t get to play in the Europa league next season, I believe it will weaken any chances we have of getting into the top four next year and The Champions league has to be out aim every season from now on, even though we seem miles away from competing in that competition at the moment, but things can only get better, surely?
We’ve been saying this every year about Europe and it hasn’t gotten us any closer.
I’d take any Europe over none.

We’ve been saying this every year about Europe and it hasn’t gotten us any closer.
I’d take any Europe over none.
Fair enough chippy, each to his own, I think the consequences of playing in the Europa league would be a very poor premier league outcome, we just, at the moment, haven’t got a large or good enough squad for both competitions.

Fair enough chippy, each to his own, I think the consequences of playing in the Europa league would be a very poor premier league outcome, we just, at the moment, haven’t got a large or good enough squad for both competitions.
I mean you’ve both mentioned the pros and cons, but we got spanked in Europe last time and I want the record straightened (no one else angry how that last European campaign went?).

im with chippy, would take any kind of euro footy, our players get injured during international breaks, I’d rather they played. Surely that Europa conference is a chance for small, Virginia, Niels, onyango a plausible route to play first team football whilst not knackering our first XI. I also would see not getting euro footie a failing, not sacking territory (love Carlo), but a bit of a set back especially considering where we sat in the league at times. Next season it is a must.

Goodison. Not the fortress the media paint it to be.
Home games have (most likely) cost Everton European football in a season where everything has gone out the window.
It was there for the taking and we are badly fluffing our lines at home.

If we keep failing to win must-win games but then go on to play more must-win games, it can make you wonder if we've actually played any must-win games at all.

Everton 2 - Palace 1
Unfortunately, it is a fact that Everton only plays in the proper manner every time there’s a major game.

West Ham, Fulham, Leeds, Burnley, Palace & Leicester. 6 home games.
2 points. FFS.
If i was a neutral forecasting these home games, id probably be happy with - West Ham - draw. Fulham - win. Leeds - draw. Burnley - win. Palace - win. Leicester - draw. = 12 points Would have been happy with that. Not the 2 points.

If i was a neutral forecasting these home games, id probably be happy with - West Ham - draw. Fulham - win. Leeds - draw. Burnley - win. Palace - win. Leicester - draw. = 12 points Would have been happy with that. Not the 2 points.
Indeed. 7 home games (add Newcastle to my original post), even say 2 wins, 3 draws, and 2 losses would have yielded 7 more points, and seen us 4th with games in hand. We have blown it big time.

Exactly! This is the ultimate number 1 problem, we, as fans, almost expected this today, almost an inevitability about it, why? its been like this for a long time though and I just genuinely hope that given time Carlo can reverse this mentality - if he can't then who can?

Board have a part to play also
I genuinely want to wish a happy birthday to you @akkers Sending a kiss your way. Hope you are having a great one.

C24BE994-63D7-4DDE-A2AC-24F4968FBF17.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.