Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look if we win the game in hand we should be 1 point behind 4th, but knowing us we'll lose stupid games until Villa and be miles off it. Easy to say in hindsight but looking at the table I'm deadly serious when I say we should've walked 4th this year easily, 3rd shouldn't have even been out of the question. So often we've just given up against crap or thrown one into our own net. We should easily be on 55+ points at this stage. Shocking and it's down almost entirely on the players. Losers.

Why do you post guff like this? What is the need for prodding people with such obviously false statements? By and large most of our team today played poorly.
Because I believe it. We created chances that on a more clinical day would have seen us home easily and I true believe if we played like that 38 times we'd be top four at the end of it.

Same old same old with this team. Chance to achieve something and they BOTTLE it...... nothing changing here.

Happened under Moyes, happened under Koeman, happened under Martinez, happened under Silva and now happening under Ancelotti. CA in danger of residing over 2 midtable finishes.

Cant wait to see that Dinosaur Moyes side sit in against Wolves now.......... they`ve been 10 times more attacking than us this season. Dont think CA can turn this around, we clearly need to spend 100s of millions to turn this side around but we just cant do that.

I am a little discombobulated as to the degree of consternation and vituperation over the result. Everton was always going to disappoint was why the surprise?. To cut our brave lionhearts a little slack; I am confident many of our lads are already thinking about Blue Chrimbo community events...and let's face it, those things are waaaaay more important than silly togger results. Perhaps a few on here might be a little more selfless and just reflect on the Yuletide joy our mighty lionhearts, dressed up as blue pixies and elves, bring to all the young lads and lasses, stuck in Merseyside's notoriously austere orphanages and work houses and wet nursing facilities.

Haha surely people aren't blaming Ancelotti. Most of you'll agree the past two seasons have been poor.

Its the players who aren't good enough to be any higher in the league.

New GK, RB, 2xCM, RW, CF are needed. Once you have them, then judge Ancelotti. Its a lot but its true, the team and squad is average.

cant blame CA - my only gripe is why are we still in the same GK situation - should have been addressed

Credit to the Palace keeper. If he hadn't put in such an excellent performance people would be talking up the unstoppable attack of Carlo's famous blues.

Haha surely people aren't blaming Ancelotti. Most of you'll agree the past two seasons have been poor.

Its the players who aren't good enough to be any higher in the league.

New GK, RB, 2xCM, RW, CF are needed. Once you have them, then judge Ancelotti. Its a lot but its true, the team and squad is average.
Yet a whole bunch of seemingly garbage managers got us competing at a similar level to now

Weird that

This team is not good enough it just makes the numbers up

So i repeat, why bother watching or 'supporting'?

If you only want to bother when we have a good team then go support City.

The rest of us will continue to turn up week in week out regardless of how good or bad hte team is cause that's what we do.

Would any other manager, or any of us even, think that defending a 1-0 lead with 15 to go, while we’re creating chances that our attackers aren’t taking is the best time to throw Gbamin into the mix?

One way or another it reeks of “making a point” to me. Either simply that he doesn’t want/never wanted King or more broadly that he needs backing in the window when it opens. Either way, wrong move.
We were cruising to a victory and Carlo had faith in the two subs to maintain the composure we had. They couldn't and we crumbled. Still think that's a call Carlo made thinking of the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.