Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different day we’d be talking about a 5 goal margin win.
Woefully poor finishing cost us.
I’m glad we created chances but we are miles off CL or even Europa.
Part of me wants Europe but I wonder if it will set us back.
We need real quality like James and hopefully Carlo will be the attraction but it’s a long road ahead.

On a different day we’d be talking about a 5 goal margin win.
Woefully poor finishing cost us.
I’m glad we created chances but we are miles off CL or even Europa.
Part of me wants Europe but I wonder if it will set us back.
We need real quality like James and hopefully Carlo will be the attraction but it’s a long road ahead.
On the question of wanting European football, what you should be asking is if you can stand the prospect of bi-weekly match threads and Carlo Ancelotti contributors foaming at the bit after we draw or narrowly beat a well organised Scandinavian side?

It's perspective really. Too many are too serious about togger affairs. Everton has waaaaay too many faults to be taken seriously, so just enjoy them for the flawed outfit they are. And by all means harbour optimism/hope for a better team; but never be bitter when that harbour proves to be anything but. The patina of 'losers' is what lends character to most football clubs. It's coat gives us all character, a sense of humour, and an appreciation of perspective.

Having said that, Everton really are massive losers lol

On the question of wanting European football, what you should be asking is if you can stand the prospect of bi-weekly match threads and Carlo Ancelotti contributors foaming at the bit after we draw or narrowly beat a well organised Scandinavian side?
I would forget about the champions league it is beyond our reach for next season, and for me personally I hope we don’t get to play in the Europa league next season, I believe it will weaken any chances we have of getting into the top four next year and The Champions league has to be out aim every season from now on, even though we seem miles away from competing in that competition at the moment, but things can only get better, surely?

I would forget about the champions league it is beyond our reach for next season, and for me personally I hope we don’t get to play in the Europa league next season, I believe it will weaken any chances we have of getting into the top four next year and The Champions league has to be out aim every season from now on, even though we seem miles away from competing in that competition at the moment, but things can only get better, surely?
I agree, next season will be chaotic enough without trips to the Ural mountains thrown in.

I thought so but your post about what a Kendall side would have done is such a misguided comparison I figured it better to be sure.

Take a trip down memory lane and remind yourself how good Kendall's Everton were when he was in his first full season as Everton manager. I'll give you a clue - they were inconsistent and there were calls for Kendall to be sacked as far as into his 3rd season as manager. I've posted about this before as there are more than a few Evertonians who have a deeply flawed, and often completely imagined, recollection of that great era when using it as a stick to beat the current manager.

It's all here.....

If you know your history and all that....

I know it but merely saying that we had a team who could score and win games.

Look at the post by Coolblue, we should have done better than 2 points!!!!

West Ham, Fulham, Leeds, Burnley, Palace & Leicester. 6 home games.
2 points. FFS.
You can't criticise 'world class' Carlo though. No, it's always the players fault. Apart from when Martinez/Koeman/Fat Sam are managers, then its their fault.

It’s horrific. We’d be in the driving seat for top 4 if we had beaten those teams.
if we had played better and won those games we'd be higher up the table... NSS!
over the 38 games the table doesn't usually lie too much. We are not/have not been playing great football and deserving to win games we lost (Palace draw excepted). Carlo is managing to find a way to get points for us even though we don't have the players and we aren't playing dominating football. for us to still be in with a shot at europe when we have Davies, Gomes and Sigurdsson as our MF choices is amazing.

if we had played better and won those games we'd be higher up the table... NSS!
over the 38 games the table doesn't usually lie too much. We are not/have not been playing great football and deserving to win games we lost (Palace draw excepted). Carlo is managing to find a way to get points for us even though we don't have the players and we aren't playing dominating football. for us to still be in with a shot at europe when we have Davies, Gomes and Sigurdsson as our MF choices is amazing.
Yes it is an obvious point but I’m sure the players are kicking themselves over their home form too. I dont disagree that we probably are where we should be in the table. There’s still plenty to play for over the remaining 8 games.

Yes it is an obvious point but I’m sure the players are kicking themselves over their home form too. I dont disagree that we probably are where we should be in the table. There’s still plenty to play for over the remaining 8 games.
thanks and I agree with you. It seems like those 'unexpected' home losses we have had, we weren't just unlucky, we actually did not play well and the 'lesser' teams outplayed us. Our poor home form is a strange phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.