Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, cos everybody else is flying innit.

But ok, for the 20th time this season, we lose this and that's that.
This is last chance saloon, while i know its never over until the fat lady sings, it has to be said, the sands of time are running low on our Champions League qualification effort

This is last chance saloon, while i know its never over until the fat lady sings, it has to be said, the sands of time are running low on our Champions League qualification effort
Its another game down, but honestly, its not the end.

Every defeat we suffer makes it harder and its already gonna be hard, but, it wouldnt be the end.

Gonna start putting a pound in a jar for every time somebody mentions that Newcastle game yano.

Should have a Lambo by June.
Well here’s another pound towards it, oh and we stunk at Newcastle away if you’re using that game as well, throw in the Fulham game and the two home games versus Leeds and WHU and you’ll finish up with more than Captain Tom!!

If we keep failing to win must-win games but then go on to play more must-win games, it can make you wonder if we've actually played any must-win games at all.

Everton 2 - Palace 1

Everton 0-3 Palace

Zaha 3’, 33’
Benteke 78’

Then the forum to be pelted with ‘DBB OUT’ and ‘Carlo is the Italian Big Sam’ shouts

It's yet another game where we really should be able to dominate the ball and out chance and shoot the other team. Of course the last time we went for that was Burnley and we made a mess of it. James should be helpful but it'll be interesting to see what the rest of the selection looks like. I wouldn't hate going back to the 4-3-3 that won us a bunch of points those first couple of months.

If Carlo telling the truth about injury situation this is what I would expect

Olsen
Holgate Mina Godfrey
Coleman Allan Gomes Digne
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Virginia Tyrer Keane Nkounkou Davies Gbamin Sigurdsson Iwobi King

I would personally play Davies instead of Gomes and the option is there to play James behind Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison. If Coleman is tired from internationals I would play Godfrey RB in a 4 and bring Keane in alongside Mina and play both Davies and Gomes with Holgate also dropping to the bench.

well, it's half eleven, Saturday night here in the Aotearoa antipode...clocks go back in a couple of hours...which brings the game we have ALL been waiting for, an hour closer (for us Kiwis), to commencement.

Palace vs the Toffees...is there a bigger fixture in global sport?...some diehard Canadian curling aficionados might plump for the Nunavut vs Yukon annual head-to-header, but that is possibly the only event that might hold greater global significance.

Edge of seat stuff?...you betcha!! Two leviathans of club sports toe-to-toeing in epic combat. Is it any wonder the English premier League is so popular ? To present to the 7 odd billion masses, sporting fare of this magnitude. Yes, yes, i know many will tout the imminent Southampton v Burnley 'el classico' as equally engaging entertainment...and yes, I am anticipative of that crucial fixture as well...but let's be honest...there is NO bigger rivalry in modern sports than Everton v Palace. Two teams similar in talent, style, managerial quality, and championship pedigree.

It is beyond exciting, isn't it?

NSNO
Cynicism presented as an art form! :) Well done sir! :)

Even statistically the odds on yet another home defeat in a game like this must be low, but we have been bitten too many times.

Any win would do, but God knows we could do with a game where we had a little comfort in victory.

I'll take a nervy 1-0 win all day though.

Lose this and we need to sack Carlo.

I hear Ted Lasso is available

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.