Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their keeper kept them in the game first half. I went for Tom Davies as MoM and thought Coleman was excellent until he inevitably tired.

Predictable game from Kevin (I'm not Everton's) Friend, letting Palace off with a few bad challenges (Ward's chop to Digne's neck for example) while penalising every challenge an Everton player made.

This team has become really hard to watch, really hard. Big year ahead for CA. We arent getting Europe this season, honestly I cant remember the last game I watched where we played well and didnt just "sit back" for the whole game. All teams have more possession, you just cant defend for an hour of a 90 minute match and expect to get anything!

If we arent in line for Europe next season at Xmas Id say CA has tried and we need to try something else.... Honestly I dont think Eddie Howe could do any worse!

I actually wish we just ran the game out with both Coleman and James and without making a sub. James is coming back from injury but it would only have been another 10 mins. He helps a lot in possession. When he came off, the entire team couldn't keep the ball.
They did both looked tired Coleman especially had played 3 full internationals in 6 days. He ran himself into the ground. Just a sickening result

AND now West Ham 2-0 up with 13 played..... taking advantage of Chelsea, Leicester, Tottenham and Everton slipping up. Thats exactly what we should have been doing!

Palace are poor, really poor...... Theyve probably never had 70% possession against anyone, not even non league sides!!!!!

This team has become really hard to watch, really hard. Big year ahead for CA. We arent getting Europe this season, honestly I cant remember the last game I watched where we played well and didnt just "sit back" for the whole game. All teams have more possession, you just cant defend for an hour of a 90 minute match and expect to get anything!

If we arent in line for Europe next season at Xmas Id say CA has tried and we need to try something else.... Honestly I dont think Eddie Howe could do any worse!
Oh for the love of god, that's me done

Everton don't have any quality subs and did not all season - that is lack of squad quality

Bringing on Gbamin who hasn't played since the great war it seems in a game we had to win was just wreckless, but again what were his options

Kyle John
Harry Tyrer
Nathan Broadhead
Nkounkou
King

It's good for us Toffees that West Ham is doing so well. Moyesy is 'ours' and we can bask in the reflected glory from his (and West Ham's) successes. I am thinking perhaps we should get half and half Everton/Hammers scarves to wear for their CL games next season.

You can't look beyond the forwards here, we should have been out of sight instead we end up clinging on and the inevitable mistake happens bang goal but we should have been comfortable well before that and we didn't play very well again.

This club on the footballing side of things is an absolute mess....... And all I`m hearing is we want to sign 29/30 year old players on massive wages, if that goes wrong we could be living with that for many years to come!!!!

Can't complain about the attack/chance creation today my friend. Certainly wasn't "backwards backwards backwards."

Awful finishing as expected from DCL and more surprisingly Richy. However the attack created 6 clear chances, maybe 7.

Another day we win 4-0 and no questions are asked.

That is how we play when Rodriguez isn't on the pitch - I didn't make that clear enough by how I typed it.

We've had to play a lot of games without him, there should be another way to attack.

Once he went off and we had to go looking for a goal it was pathetic. No urgency, little creativity.

But I agree over all DCL and Richarlison cost us that match. Be it lack of composure, quality or over eagerness to impress.

We seem to have had a real opportunity to achieve something this season and it's ebbing away. I don't have the faith in the player's to get us over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.