Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.

Posted at the time surprise at Gbamin.

He was like a rabbit in headlights before his injury.

Throwing a centre mid into a league game that close?! Insane.

Also, why bother signing King when he doesnt get a sniff when your strikers are playing so piss poor?!
Hate to say it but I feel we would have been better with 10 men. He was occupying space he's not ready for yet. Still hopefully he can get his confidence back when he's match fit

Should have had the game put to bed in dcl or richarlison had a clue. The last 15 mins is on the manager and his crap subs and even worse decision to go to a flat back 5.

James motm. Shouldn’t have been subbed.
The issue with James is, he was knackered. But he’s the only player we have who can bloody pass so keep him on and get legs around him.
The subs were dreadful and asked for trouble

Well we can put our hopes and dreams of European football back in the box under the bed for another year, we can get them out again next year, hopefully we will have a functioning midfield by then.

We had chances but I think Palace played better than us which is pretty damning.

If it’s a one off then fine - but it’s a massive worry for me the amount of sides that have outplayed us this season.

Yet another muh mid table performance. Carlos decisions at home have been poor. The results will back that point up. It's a team that does nit have that real winning mentality. We have got used to a 90% effort rate and that isnt good enough. People can go on about missed chances but this has being going on at home all this season. Jermaine Jenas said it best. Will everton make europe? No. They dont work hard enough.

....such a disappointment, such a nothing result.

Thought Holgate & Mina were fine, I really don’t like Keane in that right side of three CBs, the opposition continually get in that channel.

I thought our best two players were taken off, Rodriguez & Coleman. I’m going for Coleman as MoM as he created a number of chances, including the assist for the goal.

Thought keane was shocking, really bad game from him.

Keane should have just stayed on Batshuayi.

Both him and Mina got sucked to the ball ffs.

Mina was in the centre, so went to the man and ball.

WTF was Keane doing ?

I dont like the 3 without 2 quick players in there.

It was another case of missing energy in midfield again unfortunately. The final period of the game no one closed down whatsoever, the starkest example being their goal. It makes seeing out a 1-0 so much easier if you have someone who can just charge at opponents right up until the final whistle - James McCarthy used to win us loads of games simply by pressing when we were in front.

We have played much worse than that this season and won, the 2 one on one chances by DCL were the crucial ones, the keeper done excellent against Richy. It can't be stressed how important it is how Palace came into it when Coleman came off, Godfrey just sat off Zaha and Zaha knew he wasn't going to turn him around. You want your keeper to make a save in that situation Rob Green asked why Olsen came flying out there and I'd agree he made the decision very easy for Batsuyai, so bloody frustrating that result deserved better and should have made up ground.

I actually wish we just ran the game out with both Coleman and James and without making a sub. James is coming back from injury but it would only have been another 10 mins. He helps a lot in possession. When he came off, the entire team couldn't keep the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.