Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at our bench at 60 mins to see what we could bring on...there was nothing there...James and Coleman tiring was inevitable....

We had so many chances to have comfortably won the game after 60 mins that our bench shouldn't have mattered...but sadly once again it did..

We need another 4-5 signings in the summer, simple as...if Richie wants to leave to play Champs league football, I'll pack his bags for him....not sure though there will be as many takers as he expects

Entitled to my option buddy as you are yours
But calling me thick ! you know nothing about me buddy !!!
buddy all we need know is ur v v thick for wanting carlo ancelotti fired as everton manager right now. u just pooped ur panties because everton did not give us a win and we caught u

This team has become really hard to watch, really hard. Big year ahead for CA. We arent getting Europe this season, honestly I cant remember the last game I watched where we played well and didnt just "sit back" for the whole game. All teams have more possession, you just cant defend for an hour of a 90 minute

match and expect to get anything!

If we arent in line for Europe next season at Xmas Id say CA has tried and we need to try something else.... Honestly I dont think Eddie Howe could do any worse!
I agree totally with the first paragraph
Not sure about the second
But whatever we are lucky to be a top 10 side with that team/squad
There arent many players in our squad I would keep if we really are to ever challenge for top 4
Maybe that's what we have to expect in reality.
But I'm fed up of not winning anything for 26 years and the liklihood of not winning anything in my lifetime with our current squad

I'm so angry now.
I don't know anything about the match, all i saw is Everton 1-0 up after 79 mins and thought - ' ok is it Everton this new team, or Everton, that'
About 5 times this season ALL the results have gone our way, and we have messed up, again and again and again. I don't get it! There are not many left in this starting X1 who have that old Koeman-Allardyce-Silva mentality so what is going on? Why can't we survive 10 mins at the end just to win a f'ing match that will help us almost go 4th. Hate this.

I'm not big on banners, but judging from all the positive feedback i've received regarding my half and half Toffees/Hammers scarf idea, if say a thousand of my fellow GOTers are prepared to chip in a tenner, I would be happy to organise a plane banner, reading 'We want THE MOYESIAH back!!' , to fly over Goodison for some of our home games next season. I reckon Blue Bill would like that too...probably bring a tear to his eye.

They’re not. Hence me being perfectly happy with a boring last 15mins.

Of course maybe I’m wrong. Maybe goals are in fact the most boring part of football.

But if so, someone ought to tell the people who shout and scream and cheer and sing every time one goes in.

And.... pity

Im just tired of us shooting ourselves in the foot and playing like relegation fodder at home. European places up for grabs and all that.

Have put season 1 of Sunderland til I die on and feel better already.....

worded it badly - his last match he played against Palace.....and he was awful....you can still play well as a player with 10 men.
Yeah, but he was thrown into that game with no pre-season, he’d been at AFCON and said himself he wasn’t ready. A baffling decision by Silva at the time.

Regardless, I don’t disagree that he shouldn’t have been thrown in at the stage of today’s game but the issue wasn’t that he came on, it was that he replaced James who’s the only player we have capable of putting his foot on the ball

We’ll that was a waste of a bank holiday.

The difference between fourth and eleventh will be a few points. We have lost so many points to teams like that, it’s so frustrating. It has to be sorted next season, cant go on like that.

You can't look beyond the forwards here, we should have been out of sight instead we end up clinging on and the inevitable mistake happens bang goal but we should have been comfortable well before that and we didn't play very well again.

100%
Gary Lineker would have had a hattrick tonight

We just don't have the quality. We're not at the top table yet so where we are is reflective of that.

There was a thread here the other week and I posted how we need a massive change in mentality .
Slow to react ,switching off, not being aware whats around you & competing not just for the 1st ball but 2nd ball too.

Watch Michael Keane for their goal ( & I like Keane) he's totally unaware and switches off , then he's to slow to react.
Just sums us up in that couple of seconds , big change needed.

I didn't think we started the game alert enough. Probably resulted in the poor finishing.

Early few minutes and Gomes wins the ball and releases it to an offside Richarlison - rather than running with it - who in turn plays a lousy pass inside to DCL. Not that it would have countered.

Carlo Ancelotti
We were not able to kill the game when we had the opportunity. We had a lot of chances that usually in the last games we didn't have... This is the reason. After we opened the score we had opportunities to close the game

Ancelotti
We lost points for our mistakes. We were not unlucky

Ancelotti
I think the position in Europe is still there [for us]. We have a game in hand but we have to be more focused to avoid this kind of situation.

Ancelotti on Andre Gomes withdrawal
A hamstring injury. We have to check in the next few days... It doesn't seem a serious problem but we have to check with a scan

I'm so angry now.
I don't know anything about the match, all i saw is Everton 1-0 up after 79 mins and thought - ' ok is it Everton this new team, or Everton, that'
About 5 times this season ALL the results have gone our way, and we have messed up, again and again and again. I don't get it! There are not many left in this starting X1 who have that old Koeman-Allardyce-Silva mentality so what is going on? Why can't we survive 10 mins at the end just to win a f'ing match that will help us almost go 4th. Hate this.

thing is, we’ve sat in away from home and have defended brilliantly. We should have been 2 or 3 up before they got anywhere near us. When we sit back at home we are nowhere near as secure. Playing with 3 at the back today we looked like we were all over the place especially when we sat back. Playing like that and then conceding late it’s so hard to then switch to a positive mentality and trying to get a goal back.

teams like us can’t do without players like Allan and Doucoure but it still doesn’t make it any less frustrating to watch games like tonight.

Don't feel too disappointed over today lads...still about 9 games to go so you should keep a little disappointed feelings in reserve...plenty more opportunities, (9 probably), to experience them this season, so don't use them all up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.