Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't complain about the attack/chance creation today my friend. Certainly wasn't "backwards backwards backwards."

Awful finishing as expected from DCL and more surprisingly Richy. However the attack created 6 clear chances, maybe 7.

Another day we win 4-0 and no questions are asked.
Yup...chances were created more than we have been doing but fell down on the scoring bit.
Coleman and James toss up for mom.
Pity about the sitting back and trying to defend a 1-0 lead though.
HO hum.

We were playing Crystal Palace at home. And at times they were zipping it around us for fun. That was not a top 4 performance.
Our midfield is still not very good and teams are going to play through us at times but it didn't really result in that much imo. We were able to keep the shots to far out and wide areas.

I'm not saying it was perfect but we've got a better chance of competing doing that than doing what we did against Saints and West Brom every week.

It's whack-a-mole in here tonight, which says it all. Blame Richarlison - whack! Oh look, it's DCL - whack! And now Michael Keane - whack! Oh, it's Carlo - whack!

Throw in the usual suspects, Davies, Siggy, and whoever you're having yourself, and it's clear that there is always somebody at Everton, and usually more than one, who we can find fault with. With so much to choose from, you'd swear we might be almost...mediocre and deserving of our upper mid-table status.

Carlo has a big job ahead of him. Glad he spoke of the transfer market earlier tonight. He'll be judged on how he does in that next year.

West Ham qualifying for the Champions League doesn`t bear thinking about but that is exactly what is happening with Carlo Ancelotti struggling to keep hold of 8th! We and CA had an end of season collapse last season and the same is happening again.

Grasping at straws here mate. Winning our two games in hand before kick off would have put us clear in fourth. We should be winning these games, simple as that. All eyes on Molyneux for the West Ham result.
I'm not calling for Ancelotti's head but I do question a number of performances this season (especially at home). Let's not forget he is one of the top paid managers in the world and I think it is reasonable to ask questions when we have lost to Newcastle (x2), Burnley, Fulham etc. He has had one transfer window which has been OK but not betterthan that, he needs to deliver this summer in my opinion.

Fluffed a bunch of chances but created a bunch of chances to do it, and then we let one in through a moment of inattention. Hard result but it's a point. Still think we're on an upward trend.

His last match was against Watford.

His debut - at palace - he was thrown in after Schneiderin had got sent off and we had 10 men
worded it badly - his last match he played against Palace.....and he was awful....you can still play well as a player with 10 men.

Last edited:
We were playing Crystal Palace at home. And at times they were zipping it around us for fun. That was not a top 4 performance.

No it wasn't but too many 'fans' here have totally different expectations of Everton.

I seriously wonder if its an Everton forum at all

West Ham
Burnley
Newcastle
Crystal Palace
Fulham

15 points up for grabs - got 1 point

Everton wont even qualify for the Euro League

Until all that deadwood is gone forget about winning anything - we know the deadwood right?

i

It’s funny thinking back of all the people in January who scoffed at the mere suggestion that we could get Lingard on loan (me included).

I think clearly Lingard's personal life issues had really affected him (not involved with MUFC at all).

Seems to have found a bit of form and confidence and looks on it.

There was a thread here the other week and I posted how we need a massive change in mentality .
Slow to react ,switching off, not being aware whats around you & competing not just for the 1st ball but 2nd ball too.

Watch Michael Keane for their goal ( & I like Keane) he's totally unaware and switches off , then he's to slow to react.
Just sums us up in that couple of seconds , big change needed.

I'm not calling for Ancelotti's head but I do question a number of performances this season (especially at home). Let's not forget he is one of the top paid managers in the world and I think it is reasonable to ask questions when we have lost to Newcastle (x2), Burnley, Fulham etc. He has had one transfer window which has been OK but not betterthan that, he needs to deliver this summer in my opinion.
His aura remains. He'll be judged next season when there may be a less frenetic programme of matches. To me everything is still so unreal. And yes, try as I might, I cannot forgive him/team for losing against the teams you refer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.