Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
he was tired but he was the only player who they feared. They completely took control after he went off.
This, but we genuinely don’t have any other players capable of stringing a few passes together, either

He could have stayed on for another 10, push Holgate into midfield and play a flat four. Just get the legs around him - then you can bring Gbamin on 87/88

4 points off 4th with a game in hand in his first season, still people calling for Ancelotti's head :cheers:

Have there been calls for his head???? When he goes we’ll struggle to get anyone as good in to replace him.

home form and the way we play at home shocking though and we look horrible trying to see a game out. Bit better tonight as we created a lot of chances but another bottle job ffs.

DCL misses were unforgivable there.

Yes, Richarlison missed some, but half the team wouldn’t even get on the end of that.

should have been out of sight, and it inevitably was coming, wasn’t it? But that’s the Everton way.

Europe an extremely long shot now.

All depressingly familiar in terms of our performances when we have a chance to put pressure on teams above us.

Ah well, Louis Theroux is on later. Might calm me down.

Its tricky with the wage budget as it is and you're paying Pickford, what £100k+ pw?

I don't think its feasible to go out to get a top class GK till you can shift Pickford.

its tricky for sure, but we hired an elite manager to make elite / ruthless decisions. He fudged the call on Pickford with the Olsen decision and it’s probably the difference between top 4 and 8th.

big managers make strong decisions & there was no doubt JP was not good enough

Hes been outstanding all season until Burnley. 2 very poor games and I'm frustrated.

That ball he lost on half way today was very disappointing in the lead up to the equaliser. He has to do better.

he definitely tried his best though so I think it’s your frustration blinding your judgement

Putting a dude who hadn't played in over 2 and a half years in a game where you're attempting to retain lead against an increasingly feisty team is probably not an example of good decision making
It’s more who he took off to do it.

Lingard just scored for West Ham with a driving run from well inside his own half. Something absolutely none of our midfielders could do

Status
Not open for further replies.