Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were better than us. Defensively, they were all over the shop and gifted us chances - couldn't even defend a straight through ball from our own half - but in every other area of the pitch they were the better side.

I have no idea what people were watching when they say we played "well" there. It was an abject performance all around.
Few moments of quality from us, but that was it.

We’re reliant on James - a player who can’t last 90 and is infamously injury prone - to be not only our creative fulcrum, but the only player we have capable of keeping hold of the ball.

It’s genuinely scary. And nobody escapes blame - not the players, not Ancelotti, and not Brands.

How've we played with 3 CBs and been so open at the back. Shocking. Prime example on why some fans don't like Richarlison as well today, could've won the game on his own but no wasted everything instead. Same with Dom. Nice to see Gbamin back but my god this team is full of absolute losers who crumble at the mere hint of success, could've had CL spot in our hands if we didn't bottle games like these, we'd be lucky to make that third rung Europa League competition now. Only thing this team does consistenly is bottle, that's the fact.

We have played much worse than that this season and won, the 2 one on one chances by DCL were the crucial ones, the keeper done excellent against Richy. It can't be stressed how important it is how Palace came into it when Coleman came off, Godfrey just sat off Zaha and Zaha knew he wasn't going to turn him around. You want your keeper to make a save in that situation Rob Green asked why Olsen came flying out there and I'd agree he made the decision very easy for Batsuyai, so bloody frustrating that result deserved better and should have made up ground.

Richy missed a host of chances tonight. DCL too. If Dom wants to be top top class and potentially England's #9 he needs to finish those. Kane would. Grrr disappointing result yet again.

....such a disappointment, such a nothing result.

Thought Holgate & Mina were fine, I really don’t like Keane in that right side of three CBs, the opposition continually get in that channel.

I thought our best two players were taken off, Rodriguez & Coleman. I’m going for Coleman as MoM as he created a number of chances, including the assist for the goal.
Exactly right. The only two players who would even have a sniff of a MOTM vote.

In general, I didn't think we played badly today we were just let down by our finishing. A sucker punch was always on the cards; you have to take your chances when you get them and we had plenty to see the game off. Once again we've let another golden opportunity for us to push forward slip away.

How've we played with 3 CBs and been so open at the back. Shocking. Prime example on why some fans don't like Richarlison as well today, could've won the game on his own but no wasted everything instead. Same with Dom. Nice to see Gbamin back but my god this team is full of absolute losers who crumble at the mere hint of success, could've had CL spot in our hands if we didn't bottle games like these, we'd be lucky to make that third rung Europa League competition now. Only thing this team does consistenly is bottle, that's the fact.
Because tossing a 3rd CB in doesn't make you more secure if you aren't comfortable with the positioning and our players are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.