Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the fume then is he's not throwing Niels in against the likes of Havertz?

Again, other than looking lively going forward against no marks in the cup I've no clue if Niels is any good.

Clearly they don't think he's ready hence playing Delph and Iwobi ahead of him in recent weeks so not sure about the breakdown over Niels an Tom Davies not starting.
The fume is that we're likely playing with 2 CBs as FBs. Sure Godfrey may defend better than Niels but we've seen Niels can cross a ball which we badly need if we have any thoughts of scoring today.

I am not sure what else he could do if I am honest.

I mean you could chew the fat about Pickford/Olsen, Gylfi/Davies, but other than that, I am lost.

People do need to get over the Sigurdsson thing, at the end of the day that third CM spot can only go to him, Gomes or Davies so no clear winner there.

It is frustrating to see fullback and wingback be poorly filled gaps in the absence of Coleman and Digne. Especially when we have natural backups in Kenny and Nkounkou. Are they both that below the standard that we have to look to our CBs, Delph, Iwobi or Davies to step in?

So the fume then is he's not throwing Niels in against the likes of Havertz?

Again, other than looking lively going forward against no marks in the cup I've no clue if Niels is any good.

Clearly they don't think he's ready hence playing Delph and Iwobi ahead of him in recent weeks so not sure about the breakdown over Niels an Tom Davies not starting.
He gave Anthony Gordon his debut against Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.