Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God our squad is utter dirge. Looking forward to the next two windows.

On the upside, at least Holgate & Godfrey should make us a bit more solid at the back. If we can actually defend properly for once we have every chance.

I know he is left footed and a proper fullback. He might not be up for it but I can say without a doubt that he is going to give us a better attacking option down the left than Godfrey is. So that is my alternative. Having a proper attacking set up and platform to move the ball forward. Especially now that Pulisic isn't playing. I don't really fear Havertz as a winger.

So the fume then is he's not throwing Niels in against the likes of Havertz?

Again, other than looking lively going forward against no marks in the cup I've no clue if Niels is any good.

Clearly they don't think he's ready hence playing Delph and Iwobi ahead of him in recent weeks so not sure about the breakdown over Niels an Tom Davies not starting.

As depleted as we are in certain areas of the field it’s still a bleak line up. No confidence at all in that team. Need a miracle.

So the fume then is he's not throwing Niels in against the likes of Havertz?

Again, other than looking lively going forward against no marks in the cup I've no clue if Niels is any good.

Clearly they don't think he's ready hence playing Delph and Iwobi ahead of him in recent weeks so not sure about the breakdown over Niels an Tom Davies not starting.
I don't know if he is good either. He might be a horrid defender. But we are a bad defensive team so for me the consideration is how do I make sure we have the ability to score ourselves. And having a real fullback who is left footed on the left and understands the positioning of a fullback both in transition and the final third is to me more important.

That's without considering that we also have only seen about a half of Godfrey at LB and it was against a bad attacking team, so he could also be horrendous out wide.

You can't make defensive selections and pick Pickford in net.

Pickford will receive the record amount of back passes ever recorded in premier league history tonight. I'd love us to beat Chelsea tonight, but I can't see it somehow.

In all honesty, looking at that team, the best carlo's hoping for here is a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.