Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing how Richarlison behaved at both penalties. That was not good. He needs to grow up and knuckle down and earn the right to take the penalties. Don't want to put a sour note on a great night , but he needs dropping after that performance tonight. He was awful, and that childish petulance at siggy topped off a woeful night for him.

It's amazing the difference of not having to carry anyone defensively and having a proper defensive structure can do for a team missing it's 2 main FB's.

Gylfi and James can't run a lick so finally Carlo get's it right and sets us up with 2 banks of 4, and a midfield 4 that can all run to cover space and we're not having to plug holes on every counter attack.

Hope to see us stick with this going forward and finally get the best out of James in an attacking sense and not be left wide open down the right when we lose it.

Just seeing how Richarlison behaved at both penalties. That was not good. He needs to grow up and knuckle down and earn the right to take the penalties. Don't want to put a sour note on a great night , but he needs dropping after that performance tonight. He was awful, and that childish petulance at siggy topped off a woeful night for him.
Couldn't agree more.

Michael Keane, I salute you Sir.
Oh, I am very happy...and glad my prematch strategy worked. I know the players all follow my comments on here and my deliberate winding them up succeeded in getting a tune out of them. I feel in no small part, I contributed massively toward that win and so, quite rightly, I feel very happy...and proud of myself.
Homesick Potty has raised a glass of festive cheer to this Festive gift.

UTFT.

Hes been much less of a childish petulant child this season.

I think Reece James had him in his pocket and he just sulked. He more than matched Richarlison for tenacity and he had the pace on him.

Midfield was structured today. Balanced. They all knew their job.

More of that please - it's done my head in recently seeing a midfield do their own game.
You put a poster right pre match over Carlo's selection esp the full backs.
You where spot on Dan.

1st time in many weeks I saw a team play as a team , all on the same page instead of just doing their own thing.

Hopefully the penny has dropped for some of them.
But very good team performance all told.

Great team performance as you can see from the spread in the MoM voting but Allan edged it for me, great seein Iwobi continuing his improvement he kept their defence busy just needs to work on his crosses.

Can you supply a code book for that post?
"Who knows" in the post suggest me saying it isn't fact.

We have leaked goals all season, ALL season and needed to keep a good Chelsea out.

I am over the moon that while we didnt have alot of ball in meaningful positions, along with a little bit of luck, we got a win with a fantastic team performance and defenders throwing themselves around.

Siggurdsson was also very good at what he was being asked to do. Goal obviously but also put himself about and worked. He takes a lot of stick does Iceland and rightfully so but he looked motivated, assured and worked hard. Who knows (note this is me saying this isn't a certainty...), maybe he'll find some confidence and improve his form.

If Liverpool beat Chelsea to the title by 1-3 points I think many might look back to tonight with a different attitude.

As said: played utter trash for the last 5 weeks or so and we'll revert back to it no doubt next week. Damage done though.

Anyway, everyone knows how I feel about that lot and I dont like seeing Everton teams do them favours, not when there's no chance of a CL spot.

Last word from me on this.

Now watch these cowardly players go back into their box from next week.
Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.