Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo got tactics spot on. Siggy haters might take a break for a bit. Thought he worked his socks off tonight. Needs must without the two starting FBs and that was rock solid at the back. Badly needed three points. Now for more ale.....
Unfortunately they won’t thought he work very hard always coving ground from one side to the other

If Liverpool beat Chelsea to the title by 1-3 points I think many might look back to tonight with a different attitude.

As said: played utter trash for the last 5 weeks or so and we'll revert back to it no doubt next week. Damage done though.

Anyway, everyone knows how I feel about that lot and I dont like seeing Everton teams do them favours, not when there's no chance of a CL spot.

Last word from me on this.

Now watch these cowardly players go back into their box from next week.
Not sure what to Make of this. Have a beer and cheer up lad!

Appreciate results haven’t been good recently but we dug in and got a good hard-fought win.

You’re saying we purposefully only play well when we have a chance to take points off the RS‘s title rivals? I disagree.

Delighted with all eleven players there, but thought Gylfi was a fantastic third midfielder tonight and gave us great balance through the middle - having two 8s cover so much ground off the ball gave us a tremendous shape out of possession, and finally allowed Allan to simply concentrate on his own game, breaking up play and properly protecting the centre-halves.
Carlo may have just stumbled on a perfect plan B for those occasions when we're going to be under the cosh for large periods against the more technically proficient, offensive teams

Status
Not open for further replies.