Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Koff with that. What sets Goodison apart is the honest atmosphere. Nothing manufactured.
Passion and commitment from the players is all that is required, no banner waving, drum banging Kopite behaviour
Yeah let's leave everything as it is, Goodison is already so alive with all the fun, excitement and joy of matchday in zombieland, why would we ever want to try and improve it? o_O

'Koff with that. What sets Goodison apart is the honest atmosphere. Nothing manufactured.
Passion and commitment from the players is all that is required, no banner waving, drum banging Kopite behaviour
Happy to see that this opinion seems to be dying out and that the kids in the Gwladys responsible for this are getting plenty of encouragement.

Well what a turn up. I didn't expect that second half performance. I did expect the first half performance, but whatever MS said at HT certainly worked. Makes me wonder why we can't play with the same intensity every week/half!
DCL MOM for me - didn't stop running, working and that ball at the beginning of the second half set the tone for the remaining 45-mins.
Lucky to go in 0-0, but hey, sometimes that happens and we certainly made them pay for their own profligacy.
Pickford did well to keep the scores at 0-0 so credit to him after a terrible couple of weeks.

Between Pickford & Calvert-Lewen for me. I opted for Pickford because of the shambles of last week and how he corrected himself. Hopefully, he finishes the season the same way as this past game. Calvert-Lewen is picking up the pace and looking good.

Ah one of the "too cool for school" brigade, I see?

I can't say I'm a fan of big silly flags but a few other things to help liven things up are surely not a bad thing?

Between Pickford & Calvert-Lewen for me. I opted for Pickford because of the shambles of last week and how he corrected himself. Hopefully, he finishes the season the same way as this past game. Calvert-Lewen is picking up the pace and looking good.
Yeah i went for Pickford as well, he made some big saves, and we all know if one went in for Chelsea at 0 0 the whole ground would erupt and that would be that. He made some great saves, big performance when he needed to come back strong

You see who is very ironically in the last square, right?

Erm, I’m assuming that is Ross in the last panel, in a Sesame Street “one of these things is not like the others” way, no? If it’s Dunc then I’m clearly taking the wrong thing away from that banner.

Had the misses down from Glasgow for her 1st match, she loved it and starts off with a 100% record...

Thought Gueye was excellent, especially the 2nd half and also DCL and Pickford. However the match could quite easily have been over at half time and does paper over quite clear cracks. Listened to a few opinions from various people and the one that stands out is there's no clear indentity in how we play, its like mostly a possession based team who aren't really that great in possession in certain areas of the pitch. We need to find that then sign players to suit it instead of 40 million quid individuals who don't.

If we can keep Gueye which will be difficult and Richarlison among a few others you have some there with genuine quality who are crying out for others who can match that and hopefully better it. Though DCL was very good yesterday it's a top class number 9 that would drag that team right up and if the scouting is done properly then he is out there.

Yeah i went for Pickford as well, he made some big saves, and we all know if one went in for Chelsea at 0 0 the whole ground would erupt and that would be that. He made some great saves, big performance when he needed to come back strong
Yes, I felt the same. We need a solid backbone. Hoping Mina who has been injury prone steps up. His headers were solid he can bring it. We need a defense that can plug the holes going forward.

Pickers' peno saving is like a 1-goal advantage.
Seamus is back to his invincible best and recovered from his illness. Keano gets a proper centre half next to him (Jags), or else Columbia's finest steps up to make up for the inevitable cock-ups by reminding us how he top scored for them in the wc.
Shneiderfraud has re-discovered his mojo and Gomes is going to have one of his good days. Richy and Siggy are like buying M&S butties : You know you paid way too much, but they're a cut above the tesco finest. Wee Bernard can trap a ball out of the sky and balance it on the end of his toe, rinsing the full back inside and out before passing it to no one. DCL : is it just me, or is he the spit of a young Harry Kane? Gana is like their Kante, only played in the right position.
We got this.
2-0 to the blues.
You heard it here first

Status
Not open for further replies.