Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go yesterday watched on the tele. Very poor first half just defended for the whole half Calvert-Lewin was so isolated up top but then complete change right from the first minute of the second half.

Although we won and it's great to get a win at this stage of the season it does feel a bit 'meh' and with our usual travel sickness what will we see at West Ham in two weeks?

Plenty of positives to take but a lot to do hopefully this will give them some confidence but we shall see.

As much as everyone was upset with the first half Sunday, I thought the team battled hard and gave everything without being able to lay a glove on a very good team who’s tails where up. Just like under moyes we managed to stay in the game then push on to get a result. A lot of teams would have folded under that Chelsea pressure first half.

Fundamentally should've been 3 down at half time but got goals at the right times.
But we got a point off the rs and beat Chelsea ,so eveything in the garden is rosy.The fact we were played off the park in the first half will be lost on some.

I read the criticism of Pickford after the Newcastle game and I am stunned by the level of knee jerk reactions you see on here to a poor performance.
For somebody who has been a member of GOT for so many years mate I'm stunned that you're stunned. This is the usual reaction every time we get a bad result.

When we have a bad result, especially like Newcastle given the way the game played out, I tend to stay away from the Everton forum for a couple of days until things calm down a bit. I haven't even looked at the Pickford thread for probably a couple of months now because I know exactly what I'm going to find. No point in upsetting myself unnecessarily.

I used to think how can people be so upbeat one moment and the complete opposite the next. And then I realised it's probably just different people posting. Some people are just negative and like to have a moan so come on when they have something to moan about. Then you get people like me who are the opposite.

Great to watch the replay after long last. On a lovely bank holiday Monday.

Gana was awesome, DCL great work rate, but even the most cynical Evertonian must admit Pickford had some monster saves, without those, especially in the first half, this game could have gone a different way. Great bounce back game for him and a reminder what he has in his locker

As much as everyone was upset with the first half Sunday, I thought the team battled hard and gave everything
I only saw it on TV, but honestly didn't pick up on that at all. I genuinely thought our lot looked like they couldn't be arsed, and played like that siren had just got them out of bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.